Acer Swift SF315-52G SATA SSD issue

Harris321
Harris321 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi I have a Acer Swift SF315-52G  with 1TB HDD + 128 GB M.2 SATA SSD config. Recently the HDD got corrupted and hence I bought a Samsung Evo 860 SSD 500GB model with SATA config , but when I connect it with the interal motherboard SATA port and switch on the laptop, a black screen comes and nothing else (not even the acer logo). But otherwise it boots fine. Also, if I boot my laptop without the SSD and then connect the SSD with an external SATA to USB cable to my laptop, the SSD shows up in File Explorer. I don't know what is the issue! Please help! Thanks in advance.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer
    Show us a picture of Disk Manager so we an see how the partitions are setup.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Harris321
    Harris321 Member Posts: 5 New User
    billsey said:
    Show us a picture of Disk Manager so we an see how the partitions are setup.

That's only my M.2 SSD.
    Also, on another thread I found someone saying updating BIOS from 1.07 to 1.08 fixes the problem. Will try that out too.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer
    OK, that's showing a pretty normal UEFI boot setup on the 128GB internal SSD. Can you show us the same info on the 500GB when it's connected to the USB?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.