How to determine what Video cards i can use to upgrade my acer. Aspire Desktop TC-780-ACKi3

RLog
RLog Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
I own Acer Aspire Desktop, 7th Gen Intel Core i3-7100, 8GB DDR4, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 Home, TC-780-ACKi3  and really have loved the computer but i would really like to upgrade the graphics card on here to be able to play some slightly more demanding games. How can i tell what will fit and work with my desktop? I am looking at a Gigabyte R9 290 card just don't know if it will fit and even give me the demands i am wanting. Please help me out

Comments

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,679 Trailblazer
    The TC-780 should work with most any current GPU, though you will have to pay attention to the power budget. You may have to source a bigger PSU to drive the faster, more power hungry cards. As for fit, just pop the cover off and measure. It's a bit slimmer than a standard mini-tower case so you can't go quite as tall IIRC. Most cards take that into accounts and aren't a whole bunch taller than the slot.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.