Boot priority order is empty

System
System Member Posts: 4,513 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
This discussion was created from comments split from: Boot priority order is empty.

Answers

• LiliCuba
    LiliCuba Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello everyone, Did you find out how to fix this? I have the same problem, boot priority is empty.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    I believe that boot priority only displays something when there are more than one boot device. By default Secure Boot is enabled and only the Windows Boot Manager in the UEFI partition is allowed, so it's left blank. If you disable Secure Boot you should see two options when you have a signed UEFI boot flash drive in a USB slot, Windows Boot Manager and the USB device.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • GLH78
    GLH78 Member Posts: 9 New User
    My ACER (Swift 3, model 315-51) worked properly for several months before showing error message "No bootable device" on starting.
    When I go in the Bios, the boot priority is totally empty.

Does any one has any idea on how to recover ?

Thanks in advance.

GLH78

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    @GLH78 typically that symptom means the system can't see your SSD/HDD Does the drive show up at all in the BIOS? If you boot off a Windows install flash drive can you see the drive from diskpart in the command line? You might have a failed drive, or it might have come loose...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • kobemaze
    kobemaze Member Posts: 2 New User
    "real solution here!" for some reason I have the same problem I have a unit of acer aspire 3 x451m and my boot priority is also empty even though I replace my old hard drive.. and for some reason legacy option on this unit has been disable... so here is what you should do 100% working disable security boot then create a bootable flash drive with this format "UEFI" with NTFS format not FAT32" so when you press the f12 on start up you will see your USB flash drive... that's I hope this will help you