Aspire 3A 315-51 Upgrade HDD To SSD ?

Chork005
Chork005 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello ! My own laptop is Aspire 3A 315-51 
HDD 1TB
Ram 4Gb
CPU Core I5(7 Generation)
I want to upgrade my HDD and Ram by SSD 1Tb and Ram 16 GB but I don't know, how is the capacity that my Laptop support and what type of SSD and Ram can I buy to upgrade my laptop,so
My questions are: 
1. What type of SSD and Ram , can I buy to upgrade my laptop?
2. How is the capacity of SSD and Ram that my laptop is supported? (SSD 1Tb, SSD256...... and Ram 8Gb, Ram 16Gb.....)

Best Answer

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good afternoon Chork005 !

This model supports a maximum of 12GB of RAM (4GB being integrated into the motherboard and a single slot for expansion up to 8GB) So-DIMM DDR4 2133Mhz

httpsusv-cdnnet6029997uploadseditorcj8wons86qbjp9jpg

SSD has M.2 2280 slot for standard Sata 3 or PCIe NVMe Gen3x2
    Standard NVMe capacities up to 256Gb are not a problem.
    Already in the standard Sata 3 up to 1 Tb also are fully compatible.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,438 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    You have two options, you can either replace the HDD with a 2.5" 1TB SSD or install a 256GB M.2 SATA SSD, transfer the OS to it and use the HDD for storage, you need to tell us which one you prefer.
    As for the memory upgrade, you have 4GB on-board RAM and a slot for upgrade, you can install another 4GB, 8GB or 16GB.
    https://uk.crucial.com/gbr/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Acer/aspire-a315-51