Nitro AN515-42 charge indicator flashes orange when at full charge.

Jamesd
Jamesd Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
The charge indicator on my laptop flashes orange when it reaches full charge. Otherwise the unit seems to function normally. Battery lasts a normal amount of time and charges at a normal rate. I have attempted a battery reset (via the pinhole on the bottom) and a full discharge, but the flashing light persists. Is there any way to fix this, and is it even something I should be concerned about? 

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good afternoon Jamesd !

If you use your device for higher performance activities, some of the battery power is used to help calibrate internal voltages.
    Then battery drain may occur even though it is plugged into the power outlet.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Jamesd
    MaClane said:
    Good afternoon Jamesd !

If you use your device for higher performance activities, some of the battery power is used to help calibrate internal voltages.
    Then battery drain may occur even though it is plugged into the power outlet.

This doesn't appear to be a response to my question. To clarify, my battery does hold its charge when plugged in, but the charge indicator flashes orange instead of being solid blue (as it should be and once was at full charge). Also, some additional info not present in my initial post: When the battery reaches full charge, the indicator will turn solid blue for a few minutes before starting to flash orange as I have described. 
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    In today's laptops, the battery provides some charge to help calibrate internal voltages when there is high processing demand.
    I suggest you perform the full reset and calibration procedure.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Jamesd
    MaClane said:
    In today's laptops, the battery provides some charge to help calibrate internal voltages when there is high processing demand.
    I suggest you perform the full reset and calibration procedure.
    I have attempted a calibration. No change.