Acer Predator Helios 300 (2019) brightness seems low

tyfighter15
tyfighter15 Member Posts: 7 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Brightness is all the way up and it's still too dark.  Feels like the gamma needs to be higher.  I don't have access to that in Nvidia control panel for some reason.  Only get 3 options.  Wondering if uninstalling Nvidia and reinstalling it would give me access to the other options thru Nvidia control panel.  Anyone tried this or have a similar issue?

Answers

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,584 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Does your PC have integrated Intel HD Graphics?
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • tyfighter15
    Yes it does.  Also has the 2070 max Q gpu.  By default it only uses the 2070 with games and such.  I turned that setting off as I game a lot.  So it only uses the 2070 atm
  • XdxD
    Which setting? Your 2070 will kick in automatically whenever you start a game or a program needing it, so you don't need to disable Intel HD.
  • tyfighter15
    Oh I know.  I would rather have the 2070 enabled.  Either way that isn't the problem with the brightness
  • XdxD
    How's your brightness when Intel HD is enabled?
  • tyfighter15
    It's the exact same.  Wish I had all the options of the nvidia control panel then I could just up the gamma and be done with it
  • XdxD
    Try doing that in Intel Graphics Command Center from Microsoft Store if on DCH driver with Intel HD enabled.
  • tyfighter15
    I didn't even think about the integrated graphics having a control panel.  Awesome.  Yeah, that will work out well.  I was worried about watching movies and shows and not being able to see if they were in a darker room.  Thank you kindly
  • XdxD
    Hope you get it solved quickly.