updating my helios 315-52 windows 10 to v1909

adepeter
adepeter Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
dear acer fans, open a thread couple of weeks ago and your words were cool on me. however i'm back to know you guys opinion as regards updating my windows.

is it really safe to upgrade to windows 10 v1909 with breaking my precious predator or i should stick with the v1809.

if its safe, will want link to a thread where someone successfully upgraded his/hers without much issues.
thanks

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,297 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Why do you need to upgrade to version 1909? There is a user here in the community called xapim who has the g3-572 model with windows 1809 and older stable drivers and runs any game without any problems. Therefore, if there is no need to upgrade and your computer has no configuration issues, there is no need to upgrade. This is my opinion.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,584 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    edited December 2019 Answer ✓
    belik said:
    Modern computer must work on the latest modern OS
    I agree with you. My G3-572 from 2017 is on 1909 without any issues. But many here with 2018 and 2019 have had many issues (like boot failure, GPU errors, BSODs), that's why some of the Aces here aren't recommending to move to 1903 and above for now. If you wish to move, backup first and use the ISO (I recommend clean installing it) from Microsoft. Never try to upgrade through Windows Update.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,297 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Why do you need to upgrade to version 1909? There is a user here in the community called xapim who has the g3-572 model with windows 1809 and older stable drivers and runs any game without any problems. Therefore, if there is no need to upgrade and your computer has no configuration issues, there is no need to upgrade. This is my opinion.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • adepeter

Tinkerer

infact, after creating this post of mine, i opened youtube and from some clips i watched, i was totally pointless updating to newer windows version. i will just stick to mine v1809.

probably my next real upgrade will be moving to windows 10 pro (ie if the need arises).

above all. thanks for this piece
  • XdxD
    Move to 2004 when it arrives. It provides more features than 1903/09.
  • belik
    belik Member Posts: 397 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
  • XdxD
    edited December 2019 Answer ✓
    belik said:
    I agree with you. My G3-572 from 2017 is on 1909 without any issues. But many here with 2018 and 2019 have had many issues (like boot failure, GPU errors, BSODs), that's why some of the Aces here aren't recommending to move to 1903 and above for now. If you wish to move, backup first and use the ISO (I recommend clean installing it) from Microsoft. Never try to upgrade through Windows Update.
  • adepeter

Tinkerer

XdxD said:
    belik said:
    But using an iso file (ie clean install) will make me lose my acer stock recovery partition.? What about acer built-in softwares such as predatorsense and others? Will they all work again (ie smoothly) if i reinstall them after clean installation? 
  • XdxD
    adepeter said:
    XdxD said:
    belik said:
    But using an iso file (ie clean install) will make me lose my acer stock recovery partition.? What about acer built-in softwares such as predatorsense and others? Will they all work again (ie smoothly) if i reinstall them after clean installation? 
    Make a backup image using Macrium reflect or use Acer Care Center to create a recovery drive. That way, if you wish to return to stock, you can do it easily. The built-in softwares that you are asking about can be found at the 2nd link posted in "Assistance by Acer" present at the right-hand side of the community (like in this page). They will work as they should in clean-installed Windows 10.
  • adepeter

Tinkerer

XdxD said:
    adepeter said:
    XdxD said:
    belik said:
    Make a backup image using Macrium reflect or use Acer Care Center to create a recovery drive. That way, if you wish to return to stock, you can do it easily. The built-in softwares that you are asking about can be found at the 2nd link posted in "Assistance by Acer" present at the right-hand side of the community (like in this page). They will work as they should in clean-installed Windows 10.
    Thanks. Really appreciate
  • XdxD
    adepeter said:
    XdxD said:
    adepeter said:
    XdxD said:
    belik said:
    I hope you don't get any issues.
  • adepeter

Tinkerer

XdxD said:
    adepeter said:
    XdxD said:
    adepeter said:
    XdxD said:
    belik said:
    I hope you don't get any issues.
    I haven't yet cos I don't have an external drive for the backup. But will update this post as soon as I do it.