Aspire 1 unable to restore to factory conditon

jrbankston1
jrbankston1 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have an Aspire 1 model KAV 60 that I am trying to restore to factory condition using the original restore disk furnished when I purchased the computer.  Everything goes well until I reach the LOADING IMAGE FILES screen and it indicates that it is NOW COPYING.  After a few seconds the disk ejects and the following message is displayed.  " Please insert recovery disk 1 into optical drive, then press ok to continue".  When I do this it just does the same thing again and again.  Any suggestions?

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    I have an Aspire 1 model KAV 60 that I am trying to restore to factory condition using the original restore disk furnished when I purchased the computer.  Everything goes well until I reach the LOADING IMAGE FILES screen and it indicates that it is NOW COPYING.  After a few seconds the disk ejects and the following message is displayed.  " Please insert recovery disk 1 into optical drive, then press ok to continue".  When I do this it just does the same thing again and again.  Any suggestions?
    It could be because the OS might be corrupted. What is the OS you are trying to load?
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer