Acer Aspire E15-522: Battery Issue Problem Please Help

EsmaGraham
EsmaGraham Member Posts: 33 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello Everyone
      So I have had this laptop close to 3 years now and just recently I been noticing the light of the battery changing from Solid Blue to Orange while its still plugged in that I haven't touched anything regarding the laptop at all or the plug.
This laptop is stationary it sits on like a table that i used to use as a computer table (Solid Metal table) with a laptop cooling fan with 2 big fans underneath it with it plugged into a 36 Inch TV and I use a Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo of Blackweb Silent Keyboard and mouse ....... The Laptop never gets unplugged and the Connector is laying down on pj shorts i never wear on the floor please note i only just put the shorts under it maybe 10mins ago as I have no pencils.
I noticed today my battery light went from Solid Blue to Orange and it has done it before ..... This is not an everyday issue it maybe every month or so that i notice this happening and I'm wondering if this is normal or if I should get it checked out?
I have done the whole battery reset on this laptop so please don't suggest doing that as I have already done that.
I don't want to risk unplugging it and forgetting its unplugged while I play a game then notice only 1% or a few seconds left on the charge to my battery before the laptop shuts down so I always keep it plugged in so I won't have that issue

Answers

• Sathish2388
    Sathish2388 Member Posts: 85 Fixer WiFi Icon
    EsmaGraham .. Hi! please follow the steps which has been given below..

1. turn off your computer then remove the power cable ( AC Adapter)
    2. If Battery is removable, remove the battery then press and hold the power button for 10 to 15 seconds to drain the flea power (static charge.)
    3. If Battery is not removable, Look underneath your laptop you could see a small battery reset pinhole where you have to insert paperclip and hold it down for 10 to 15 seconds then remove the paperclip
    4. Insert the battery first and connect the AC adapter then turn on the computer and check whether the problem is resolved if not got to step 5
    5. Get on to device manager by clicking on start and type device manager in search box
    6. In device manager expand Batteries and whatever you see under batteries uninstall them then turn off your computer 
    7. unplug the power cable from your laptop
    8. If your laptop has a removable battery, remove it then wait for 30 seconds then Put the battery back in to your laptop
    9. Connect the power cable then turn on your laptop and check it's resolved your issue or not..
  • MichelleMcKnight
    MichelleMcKnight Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited December 2019
    When I use my phone to reply it logs me into this account but this is @EsmaGraham

The Battery isn't removable

I did the whole small battery reset pinhole where you have to insert paperclip and hold it down for 10 to 15 seconds then remove the paperclip thing maybe like a few weeks ago or a month ago.

Under Batteries it shows two which are named 

Microsoft AC adaptor
    Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery 

Another question not related to this but when I open Netflix the app you can get through Microsoft Store and I watch a few episodes it seem my tv screen seems to dim

I only noticed it get brighter cause once I close Netflix it's like my screen gets brighter 

Is there anyway to fix this?