Key Board Problem (Spin 1, SP111-31-P5C9)

Jwkatz
Jwkatz Member Posts: 9 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have a Spin 1, SP111-31-P5C9.  When home, I use a wireless ergonomic keyboard.  I am now at a hotel, trying to use the laptop keyboard, but the keyboard is not working properly-some keys do not work at all.  I cannot log in.  Any advice is welcome!  Thanks in advance.  

Edited the thread to hide personal information
Acer-Samuel

Answers

• Have you tried resetting the lithium battery?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Jwkatz
    How do I reset the lithium battery?
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Jwkatz
    I am away from the hotel but I’ll try resetting the battery later.
  • Jwkatz
    Resetting the battery did not solve the keyboard problem.  Do you have another suggestion?  Thanks.  jwkatz
  • Jwkatz
    Is there a way to reset a keyboard to factory settings without being able to log on to the laptop?
  • What are the keys that are not working? Is there a function called function key behavior in bios?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Jwkatz
    edited December 2019
    Capitals J and H don’t work.  Some numbers become things like € and other such characters.  

Edited the thread to hide personal information
    Acer-Samuel
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer
    You likely have the NumLock on. There should be a key combo (on my Switch 7 it's F12) that toggles it's state.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Jwkatz
    I’ll give it a try when I get back to the hotel.  Thanks 
  • Jwkatz
    I was able to log in using the on screen keyboard.  I will need to reset the keyboard itself.
  • billsey
    I'm wondering if Windows has you set to a keyboard for a different locale. If there's a normal keypress that gives you the Euro sign it's not using the US-en keyboard layout.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Jwkatz
    This problem started after I synched the laptop with a wireless ergonomic keyboard.  I can no longer use the built-in keyboard without the wireless keyboard.
  • billsey
    Can you uninstall the wireless keyboard software to see if that gets you back to normal?