computer stops recognizing Jack in audio- AN515.

waterstofperoxide
waterstofperoxide Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
my computer After the first time I unplugged the audio jack stops recognizing it and I no longer hear audio from the jack but only from the speakers, I changed the settings to select, first headset, and then headphone in realetek studio app. But the problem remained. I have to restart my computer all the time to be able to reconnect the headphones. it is not a problem with earphones because they are first recognized and work but once disconnected they are no longer recognized. I'm on new Nitro 5. Please help me And tell me there is a solution because it is a very unnerving problem

Best Answer

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Uninstall your Realtek Audio driver in Device Manage then reboot and it will reinstall with updated drivers. Also please post your exact model number. for example AN515-**

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

Answers

• waterstofperoxide
    my computer After the first time I unplugged the audio jack stops recognizing it and I no longer hear audio from the jack but only from the speakers, I changed the settings to select, first headset, and then headphone in realetek studio app. But the problem remained. I have to restart my computer all the time to be able to reconnect the headphones. it is not a problem with earphones because they are first recognized and work but once disconnected they are no longer recognized. I'm on new Nitro 5. Please help me And tell me there is a solution because it is a very unnerving problem
    I have already looked for solutions but they all lead only to the structure of the audio jack, which is not my problem, and the various settings in the realtek audio program with which I have already tried without success.
  • andylb
    Answer ✓
    Uninstall your Realtek Audio driver in Device Manage then reboot and it will reinstall with updated drivers. Also please post your exact model number. for example AN515-**

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• waterstofperoxide
    andylb said:
    hi andylb, thank you for your reply. yes sorry my nitro model is a AN515.
    So aftrer uninstalling the driver and reboot they are going to update by their own or i have to download them and install again manually? i just want to be sure to know all the things to do before try.
  • andylb
    andylb said:
    So aftrer uninstalling the driver and reboot they are going to update by their own or i have to download them and install again manually? i just want to be sure to know all the things to do before try.

They will update by themselves you will not have to do any update

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• waterstofperoxide
    andylb said:
    andylb said:

They will update by themselves you will not have to do any update
    Last question sorry, once I get to Device Manager and choose realtalk I see that among the three options there is only Remove device and not Uninstall driver, do I have to do Remove device?
    thank you so much
  • andylb
    YES remove the device please, when you reboot it will automatically reinstall the device and any updated drivers, do NOT use Uninstall driver.
    Please click YES if I have answered your question 

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★