"Preparing Automatic Repair" and command Alt + F10 not working

gerardooo
gerardooo Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Turned on my laptop, had the Acer screen with revolving dots, but then displayed an error of UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME. It restarted, had the Acer screen again but with the note "Preparing Automatic Repair" then the screen goes black and blank.

I read from here to try doing Alt + F10 command when turning the laptop on. When the Acer screen showed up, it said below, "Please wait" and the screen goes black again.

How can I fix thiiiis?

Can't afford to lose a laptop.
Send helpppp :((
Thank youuu ㅠㅠ

Answers

• Tom2019
    Tom2019 Member Posts: 227 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @gerardooo

you go advance option using Alt+F10> troubleshoot> you can try for system restore or you can try for system refresh to take care of this issue 

"Hit Accept if its Helpful" 
  • gerardooo
    gerardooo Member Posts: 2 New User
    @Tom2019 i already tried the alt+f10 but the screen went black again and stayed as that
  • Tom2019
    Tom2019 Member Posts: 227 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @gerardooo

you need to do reset you computer using Media Creation Tool, If its windows 10.
    please download the windows 10 ISO files from :- https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10
    with help of https://rufus.ie/ transfer the files into flash rive 

To restore your computer using the OS Recovery and Restore USB Key, please follow the steps below:

1. Power your computer off.
    2. Connect the OS recovery and restore USB key to a USB connector on your computer.
    3. Power your computer on and press the F2 key when the splash screen first appears.
    4. From the BIOS, use your arrow keys to move and highlight the Boot menu.
    5. In the Boot list make sure that the first device is the USB HDD followed by a model name.
    6. Use the arrow keys to highlight your USB HDD and press F6 to move it to the top of the list.
    7. Use the arrow keys to highlight Exit menu at the top of your screen.
    8. Press ENTER on the Exit Saving Changes option and Enter again to confirm changes.
    9. Select USB HDD from the Boot Option menu and press the Enter key.
    10. Follow the instructions on your screen.
    "Hit Accept if its Helpful"