Acer Quick Access App, Resetting Color Profile

STOPchris
STOPchris Member Posts: 99 Fixer WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have been having this problem with my color profile, that I created with Display Cal, resetting (more like disabling). Essentially, my color profile loads when I start Windows, then it disables after a few seconds. This told me that it must be a program that loaded at start that is causing the issue. I watched the programs to see which was starting when the issue happened. Sure enough, the Acer Quick Access was the culprit. I uninstalled it and the problem is resolved. Hopefully, Acer reads these forums and can find a fix. Until then, I can use this software, as I don't want to have to constantly go in and manually set a color profile at each Windows login. Yes, I tried the newest version of Quick Access.

Answers

• STOPchris
    edited December 2019
    Here's another one, I just tried editing this post to say "I can't use this software", as I accidentally said "can", but it says that I do not have permission to do that? Strange...
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,584 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    In Acer Quick Access (after installing it), disable BlueLight Filter and check if your issue arises then or not.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • STOPchris
    XdxD said:
    In Acer Quick Access (after installing it), disable BlueLight Filter and check if your issue arises then or not.
    I tried that before I uninstalled it.
  • XdxD
    Then Acer really need to look into this issue.
  • STOPchris
    edited December 2019
    I was really only using the program to turn off power going to the USB ports when the system is shut down. I like to leave my external sound card plugged in, but it uses power unless I install this program and disable it. I guess I can check the bios and see if there is an option in there to disable USB power on shut down.

Not sure how many people on a gaming laptop are calibrating their displays, if Acer even thinks it would be an issue worth looking at. I guess since the program is still being used on newer laptops they might take a look into it.
  • XdxD
    That option is present in BIOS. Disable it there.
  • STOPchris
    XdxD said:
    That option is present in BIOS. Disable it there.
    You're talking about ErP, right? I had some issues with enabling ErP on my other systems. It was giving me issues with the lighting, but of course there is no lighting here to worry about.