I bought the g3-710 Costco machine a while back, continuous beeping issue.

Troodle
Troodle Member Posts: 4 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I came back from school to turn on my pc, during the boot up, it posted and returned a continuous beeping, the beeping had intervals of 0.5 seconds or less between each beep. I think I have an ami bios, but I can’t identify the beeping code because many websites are giving different beep codes due to the variety of manufacturers. I thought it was a ram issue, so I reseated the sticks of ram, rebooted and it got past post with a single beep, which indicated no hardware issues. I come back home later to boot up and encounter the same issues. It would continuously beep again, I shut it down by holding the power button and turned it back on, this time it didn’t give me any beeping, it was on, my monitor was blank my keyboard and mouse gave no response. It was constantly switched between these two situations.

Best Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,679 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    If the static drain that Troodle suggests doesn't help try removing all but one stick of ram, then test each stick individually. You'll get these type of symptoms when a stick is right at the verge of full failure and one stick at a time can pin down which is the problem child.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • MasterHodgkins
    MasterHodgkins Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited November 2020 Answer ✓
    I experienced the same endless beeping on mine as well! I'm fairly new to PC building because I got mine prebuilt like 4 years ago, so I wanted to upgrade because I recently got VR. I began to inspect and unplug things without much thought and when I was done, I tried to turn on my PC again only to hear the endless beeping and no display. I read these posts to try and troubleshoot, and after many trial-and-error, I found something that worked!! Apparently, I fried one of my RAM stick slots and when I moved my RAM stick to another slot, it went back to normal! Hope this helps!

P.S I know now that PC building is not something to just be mishandling things. Now I research before I do anything to my PC!
  • Troodle
    Figured out the issue, 2 out of the 4 of my dimm slots were not functioning. This comment was supposed to be posted 2 hours after my original post, but it wouldn’t let me post anything. Thanks for the responses though. Somehow this comment wouldn’t post either a year ago, but now I’m here to post it since this thread is still getting responses, thanks for all the help everyone!

Answers

• Troodle
    Ah yes, after I got past post and into windows, discord automatically launched, I was talking to my friends and then suddenly my pc froze, a weird sound came from the speakers but other than that I had to shut it down via power button.
  • Troodle
    It tried rebooting by itself but it got stuck on the predator loading screen.
  • Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 687 Moderator
    Troodle said:
    It tried rebooting by itself but it got stuck on the predator loading screen.
    Try draining the static energy and check.

> Unplug all the cables
    > Press and hold the power button for 40 sec without the power cable 
    > Post this connect the power cable and power on the unit and check for any beep sounds.. 
    > If no beep sounds then connect the video cable HDMI and check.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    If the static drain that Troodle suggests doesn't help try removing all but one stick of ram, then test each stick individually. You'll get these type of symptoms when a stick is right at the verge of full failure and one stick at a time can pin down which is the problem child.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • MasterHodgkins
    MasterHodgkins Member Posts: 1 New User
    I experienced the same endless beeping on mine as well! I'm fairly new to PC building because I got mine prebuilt like 4 years ago, so I wanted to upgrade because I recently got VR. I began to inspect and unplug things without much thought and when I was done, I tried to turn on my PC again only to hear the endless beeping and no display. I read these posts to try and troubleshoot, and after many trial-and-error, I found something that worked!! Apparently, I fried one of my RAM stick slots and when I moved my RAM stick to another slot, it went back to normal! Hope this helps!

P.S I know now that PC building is not something to just be mishandling things. Now I research before I do anything to my PC!
  • billsey
    There are specific slots that the ram needs to go into, depending on number of sticks and sizes. Here's the matrix:
    If you just had the wrong slots chosen it would give you that symptom, even without a bad slot.
  • Troodle
    Figured out the issue, 2 out of the 4 of my dimm slots were not functioning. This comment was supposed to be posted 2 hours after my original post, but it wouldn’t let me post anything. Thanks for the responses though. Somehow this comment wouldn’t post either a year ago, but now I’m here to post it since this thread is still getting responses, thanks for all the help everyone!