frimware update

DhruvGupta1110
DhruvGupta1110 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
my frimware is 10.0.1 should i update it to newest version, and is there any flaws in it, I am having the new acer predator helios 300 of i7-9th gen model , please help!!! 

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,438 Trailblazer
    edited December 2019
    Hi,
    Could you please post the full model name, like PH317-xx, you don't have to update BIOS, unless the BIOS was released for any useful purpose for your model, I would suggest you to avoid updating BIOS because it may brick your perfectly working system(very rare but can not rule out) and in certain instances newer BIOS created more problem.  
  • KASHISHBR0
    KASHISHBR0 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hi,
    Could you please post the full model name, like PH317-xx, you don't have to update BIOS, unless the BIOS was released for any useful purpose for your model, I would suggest you to avoid updating BIOS because it may brick your perfectly working system(very rare but can not rule out) and in certain instances newer BIOS created more problem.  
     Please help me with my problem too! My laptop same model 2019 version i7,9th gen stopped charging today and there is no indication light too!
    Please help!!!!!
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,438 Trailblazer
    edited December 2019
    Hi,
     Please help me with my problem too! My laptop same model 2019 version i7,9th gen stopped charging today and there is no indication light too!
    Please help!!!!!
    Hi,
    Could you please start a new thread because it will confuse every body.
  • DhruvGupta1110

Tinkerer

Hi,
    PH315-52
  • Hi,
    PH315-52
    Hi,
    Could you please tell us where do you see this firmware version(10.0.1).
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,872 Trailblazer
    Be more specific, what firmware are you talking about??? If you are taking about BIOS, the latest BIOS version for the Predator PH315-52 is titled "Supports new LCD panel" Version: 1.08 Date: 2019/10/21 which has nothing to do with "i7-9th gen'! Updating Firmware and/or BIOS is a risky thing and should not be done just 'for the sake of it', upgrading your system BIOS incorrectly could harm your Acer product. Please proceed with caution and be 100% that its necessary and you know what you are doing!!!
  • DhruvGupta1110

Tinkerer

this is the frimware was talking about,

• this is the frimware was talking about,

Hi,
    You don't have to update the firmware, the system will update it when it's need an update.
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,253 Pathfinder
    edited December 2019
    One piece of advice disable Windows from updating drivers and firmware you might regret it if you haven't might brick your laptop and never update the the bios unless it states it fixes a particular problem that your having same for the drivers and always update them manually not through Windows updates 

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/