Reset failed

Alessandro56
Alessandro56 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello.. to me it happened that I reset my pc and ran to a percentage and it stopped with the message reset failed. the pc turns on and restarts with the bios screen if i click f2 or other keys nothing happens. what should I do?

Answers

• Hello.. to me it happened that I reset my pc and ran to a percentage and it stopped with the message reset failed. the pc turns on and restarts with the bios screen if i click f2 or other keys nothing happens. what should I do?
    Go to this page: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 'Create Windows 10 installation media' Download tool now to make a Windows 10 installation boot USB (use an 8GB USB min) and download Windows 10 bootable media, then do the following:
    1. Insert the Windows installation USB media, and then start the computer. Make sure that the computer is set to a "boot order" from a USB in BIOS by either pressing F2 or F12.
    2. Press a key when the message Press any key...
    3. Select a language, a time, a currency, a keyboard or another input method, and then click Next.
    4. Click Repair your computer.
    5. Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next.
    6. On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. Select Advanced Options >Startup Repair
    7. If it doesn't fix the issue then go to Command Prompt under Advanced Options.
    8. Type Bootrec /RebuildBcd, and then press ENTER. This command will rebuild boot configuration data, that is and in case any issue with Boot files are causing this issue.
    9. If it doesn't fix the problem, then you can go with System Restore option under Advanced Options and follow with onscreen instruction to restore your computer to earlier point of time.

If problem still persist, then select Reset this PC with Keep my files option. While performing reset ensure to select Keep my files. It will do the following,

• Reinstalls Windows 10 and keeps your personal files.

• Removes apps and drivers you installed.

• Removes changes you made to settings.

• Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled.)

Warning:

• Be careful when changing BIOS settings. The BIOS interface is designed for advanced users, and it's possible to change a setting that could prevent your computer from starting correctly.

• Updating BIOS should only be done if necessary (to solve a compatibility problem, for example). It can be a complicated process, and if an error occurs, your computer could be rendered inoperable. Be sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions exactly.

• Alessandro56
    Alessandro56 Member Posts: 3 New User
    StevenGen
    yes but if I click f2 or any key you hear the beep but nothing happens and it restarts at infinity