Acer Aspire V3-572G-70TA laptop. Upgrade HDD to SSD. SSD size same as HDD?

distrofun
distrofun Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi,

I want to upgrade the HDD in my Acer Aspire V3-­572G­-70TA and I was wondering if anyone else has experience disassembling this laptop. 

Does the HDD dimensions match the SSDs available in market? 

Also, is the back panel easy to remove?

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,872 Trailblazer
    edited December 2019
    Your Acer Aspire V3-572G-70TA laptop comes with a 2.5 inch spinner HDD as OEM. I've got an Aspire V3-571G with a Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD (which is not Samsung's latest SSD model) but, it works reliably and unbelievably fast for a 2.5 inch SSD, never ever had any problems with this drive! My suggestion to you is, to buy (depends on your budget?) a Samsung SSD, their current model range is, 860 EVO SATA III mSATA or the more expensive 860 PRO SATA III 2.5 inch. I say this because, Samsung has a very easy 'Data Migration Software' that you can copy (exactly and everything) of your existing operating system and files directly to a Samsung SSD drive without complications and very quickly, also, Samsung are reliable and one of the quickest SSD's out there! I would also make sure that you have 8GB of PC3-14900 DDR3 SDRAM for max efficiency.

• distrofun
    distrofun Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks for responding StevenGen. 

I've bought the Samsung 1TB EVO SSD from Amazon and it should be here in few days. 

How easy was it to disassemble the laptop? Also, how did you gain access to the HDD? Was it after removing the back panel? 

I saw a video on youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E5TRRpJG-w ) where someone with a similar laptop had to remove the top panel to gain access to the HDD. Did you face the same issue?  I'm worried because I don't have the necessary tools to remove the top panel except for a screwdriver.