My Aspire 5740g laptop is not booting on windows

spearhead
spearhead Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi, 
I have a problem with my laptop. 
Model: Aspire 5740g
Changed: 8gb (4+4) ram and Sandisk 240gb SSD. 

Laptop is not boot on windows and there is no display on screen. When I tried external screen I saw 4 wide vertical pixel fault lines. 
I've tried ubuntu OS and laptop boots normally but pixel fault lines exist again. 

How can i fix it?  

Comments

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    >>>Changed: 8gb (4+4) ram and Sandisk 240gb SSD. >>>

Bu değişiklikten önce mi sonra mı oldu? Jack E/NJ

Did this happen before or after change? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• spearhead

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    >>>Changed: 8gb (4+4) ram and Sandisk 240gb SSD. >>>

Bu değişiklikten önce mi sonra mı oldu? Jack E/NJ

Did this happen before or after change? Jack E/NJ

I was using 2 years since changing ram and ssd
  • JackE
    If you have not done so already, I suggest that RAM modules & SSD be re-seated a few times to try to clean and make good connections to the mainboard sockets. Also any accessible ribbon cables and cards should also be checked for good connections.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• spearhead

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    If you have not done so already, I suggest that RAM modules & SSD be re-seated a few times to try to clean and make good connections to the mainboard sockets. Also any accessible ribbon cables and cards should also be checked for good connections.  Jack E/NJ
    I've tried changing ram modules & used ram module for each ram socket 2 times(I mean used only 4gb) & removed ssd but it did not work. It may be work, I'll try original ram modules but I'm not sure 
  • JackE
    >>>When I tried external screen I saw 4 wide vertical pixel fault lines. >>>

What do you see on either  lid or external screen when trying to enter the BIOS menu? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• spearhead

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    >>>When I tried external screen I saw 4 wide vertical pixel fault lines. >>>

What do you see on either  lid or external screen when trying to enter the BIOS menu? Jack E/NJ

I saw normal BIOS menu but pixel lines already exist. 
    Lines like below windows startup fix & ubuntu
  • JackE
    >>>I saw normal BIOS menu but pixel lines already exist.>>>

The BIOS menu is ABNORMAL if the lines are also in the BIOS menu. Do you see the lines in the BIOS menu? If yes, this is NOT normal. It suggests the graphics hardware on the mainboard is defective. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• spearhead

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    >>>I saw normal BIOS menu but pixel lines already exist.>>>

The BIOS menu is ABNORMAL if the lines are also in the BIOS menu. Do you see the lines in the BIOS menu? If yes, this is NOT normal. It suggests the graphics hardware on the mainboard is defective. Jack E/NJ
    Unfortunately yes. :/