Acer Nitro 7 (AN715-51) Upgrading HDD; Void Warranty?

PavanBN
PavanBN Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

Hello Everyone,

I just bought my Acer Nitro 7 (AN715-51) in Germany (the product was shipped from Poland). It contains two SSD slots which are already filled in; there is an empty slot for a HDD which I would like to install myself. There was a harddisk cable connector and screws available with the laptop; with a warning that - installing it without a Acer service center may viod the warranty.

Could an Acer representative please confirm if I can upgrade the HDD myself; I am quite handy with electronics so can take care not to damage anything else. I have also heard that this void of warranty for upgrade of RAM or HDD is varying with different countries.

Thanks,
Pavan

Best Answer

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited December 2019 Answer ✓
    PavanBN said:

Hello Everyone,

I just bought my Acer Nitro 7 (AN715-51) in Germany (the product was shipped from Poland). It contains two SSD slots which are already filled in; there is an empty slot for a HDD which I would like to install myself. There was a harddisk cable connector and screws available with the laptop; with a warning that - installing it without a Acer service center may viod the warranty.

Could an Acer representative please confirm if I can upgrade the HDD myself; I am quite handy with electronics so can take care not to damage anything else. I have also heard that this void of warranty for upgrade of RAM or HDD is varying with different countries.

Thanks,
    Pavan

Unfortunately this Forum is not an official Acer Support site, it is a community of users just like you and Acer do not answer questions on this site. However your problem is a common one and Acer usually reply that it is OK as long as you don't damage anything and you're right, for instance in the USA it can't void the warranty. You must contact Acer support for your region to verify this, the link is below.
    The key word is "MAY", if you don't cause damage it probably won't void your warranty but check with ACER

If I have been of help answering your question then please click YES  

http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/#_ga=2.178343012.1565315166.1568641242-218381942.1567545004

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited December 2019 Answer ✓
    PavanBN said:

Hello Everyone,

Thanks,
    Pavan

Unfortunately this Forum is not an official Acer Support site, it is a community of users just like you and Acer do not answer questions on this site. However your problem is a common one and Acer usually reply that it is OK as long as you don't damage anything and you're right, for instance in the USA it can't void the warranty. You must contact Acer support for your region to verify this, the link is below.
    The key word is "MAY", if you don't cause damage it probably won't void your warranty but check with ACER

If I have been of help answering your question then please click YES  

http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/#_ga=2.178343012.1565315166.1568641242-218381942.1567545004

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★