Upgraded RAM and M.2 for my AN515-54-51M5 Laptop now it wont boot, or turn lights on keyboard on.

BTH0MP
BTH0MP Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Upgraded RAM and M.2 for my AN515-54-51M5 Laptop now it wont boot, or turn lights on keyboard on. I don't know what to do?

I removed the RAM i used to upgrade back to just having 1 (the original one) and it still did the same thing. I read around a bit and some said BIOS update? But I honestly dont think thats the case, but if it is how would I go about it?

Can I please have some help!

Best Answer

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited December 2019 Answer ✓
    As my colleague @MaClane says, put everything back in as it was and update your BIOS to the latest version if you haven't already, update Windows, delete any junk on your old HDD then clone your HDD over to the new SSD. Or if you are keeping the old HDD, reformat your new SSD and reinstall Windows on it and try again. It is not a RAM problem you have eliminated that

Please click YES if I have helped solve your problem, thankyou

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good Morning BTH0MP !

Have you tested removing SSD and RAM and using the originals to see if it works well?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited December 2019 Answer ✓
    As my colleague @MaClane says, put everything back in as it was and update your BIOS to the latest version if you haven't already, update Windows, delete any junk on your old HDD then clone your HDD over to the new SSD. Or if you are keeping the old HDD, reformat your new SSD and reinstall Windows on it and try again. It is not a RAM problem you have eliminated that

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• BTH0MP
    BTH0MP Member Posts: 2 New User
    andylb said:

Luckily I didn't need to do any of this. I went back to only having the original hardware and yet no avail. I did a power reset so I reseeded the ribbon cable for the power-supply and reinstalled everything plugged the laptop into the wall and everything booted and was recognized. Thank you for both of your guy's help.