how to replace the dvd for aspire 5755-6837

GaryG19
GaryG19 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I opened the DVD drive with power on. I see the dvd is eletrically connect via a ribbon cable.
which screws on the dvd Do i need to remove to expose the sata socket so I can attach the Sata SSD?
and with what size of screw phillip #?

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,878 Trailblazer
    edited December 2019 Answer ✓
    If you want to use the DVD/ODD slot for an additional drive then do the following. Remove the DVD/ODD drive from the case of the 5755-6837 (as illustrated in the captions below) then, pry the DVD away from the case, that's it! And then buy a caddy (2nd Hard Drive HDD SATA Caddy Adapter type, see caddy in caption below) and put the SSD 2.5" drive into the caddy and put the caddy into the DVD/ODD slot to connect. I've been using this sort of caddy/slave setup  on my Aspire V3-571G and other laptops for many years and it works 100%. 

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good Morning GaryG19 !

Not how to connect HDD or SSD directly to the DVD connector without a caddy adapter.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• GaryG19
    I have tried taking out the dvd by removing screws from the bottom of the laptop but I failed to see to how to take aprat the laptop.
    are you saying I need a caddy adaptor?
    if so, how do I know if something like this will work:  
    CDN$ 11.59

I know there some substaintially cheaper alternatives but take too long to get them
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,878 Trailblazer
    edited December 2019 Answer ✓
    If you want to use the DVD/ODD slot for an additional drive then do the following. Remove the DVD/ODD drive from the case of the 5755-6837 (as illustrated in the captions below) then, pry the DVD away from the case, that's it! And then buy a caddy (2nd Hard Drive HDD SATA Caddy Adapter type, see caddy in caption below) and put the SSD 2.5" drive into the caddy and put the caddy into the DVD/ODD slot to connect. I've been using this sort of caddy/slave setup  on my Aspire V3-571G and other laptops for many years and it works 100%. 

• GaryG19
    wonderful. thank you. your dvdn2.jpg was very helpful. I measured the removed dvd drv thickness. it's definitely like 9ish mm not 12.5mm