Hey I took out my memory module and found out it is a 8gb Kingston ddr4 2666mhz c19. Swift 3 sf315-

Moses83
Moses83 Member Posts: 20 Networker
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
My laptop is acer Swift 3 sf315-52. Windows only reads 1197mhz under load. Why is that? If I buy a pair of 2666mhz from crucial even when they say is compatible, would my laptop only read 2400mhz? And Can I get ram with lower cas latency?

Answers

• Nael
    Nael Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited December 2019
    Is the ram and flash not soldered directly on the mainboard on the switch 3? We had a switch 5 for ssd replacement and when we opened the Unit we found that the flash and ram was soldered to the board.
  • Moses83
    edited December 2019
    Nael said:
    Is the ram and flash not soldered directly on the mainboard on the switch 3? We had a switch 5 for ssd replacement and when we opened the Unit we found that the flash and ram was soldered to the board.
    Not. My notebooks Acer Swift 3 sf315-52-81HD would take up to 32gb ram. I already changed the m.2 ssd drive for a 500gb nvme. Also I tried a pair of modules, G.Skill 32gb @3000mhz c16. However I checked with CPUZ and again windows only read 2400mhz with the same cas latency it reads from the one that came with my laptop I don’t know why. When the laptop is idle the cas latency drops to 10 and dram frecuency to 665mhz. Under load it jumps to cas 17 and dram frecuencia to 1197mhz. The same in the new modules I tried which I will have to return or exchange. @brummyfan2
  • Moses83 said:
    Nael said:
    Not. My notebooks Acer Swift 3 sf315-52-81HD would take up to 32gb ram. I already changed the m.2 ssd drive for a 500gb nvme. Also I tried a pair of modules, G.Skill 32gb @3000mhz c16. However I checked with CPUZ and again windows only read 2400mhz with the same cas latency it reads from the one that came with my laptop I don’t know why. When the laptop is idle the cas latency drops to 10 and dram frecuency to 665mhz. Under load it jumps to cas 17 and dram frecuencia to 1197mhz. The same in the new modules I tried which I will have to return or exchange. @brummyfan2
    Hi,
    Could you please post the snip of CPU-z readings for SPD and Memory tabs, also let me have the model number of the module you bought, there's also another possibility that your laptop may run only at 2400MHz.
  • Moses83
    hey @brummyfan2 the ones I bought was just a guess. They require XMP profile to achive 3000mhz. I am not able to find ram with decent timing to meet jedec settings or if my laptop would accept decent timing. ACER SWIFT 3 SF315-52-81HD. The G.Skill model I bought was Model F4-3000C16D-32GRS. 
  • Hi,
    That module is not compatible with your laptop, Gskill modules have overclocking feature and yes you are right about XMP profile, I would suggest you to get another matching Kingston module and install.
  • Moses83
    would my laptop only read 2400Mhz if I add another matching Kingston module? or would the dual channer make it acept the 2666mhz frecuency?
  • Your current Kingston module works at 2666MHz, so if you buy a Kingston 2666MHz will work at the same speed.

• Moses83
    edited December 2019
    Your current Kingston module works at 2666MHz, so if you buy a Kingston 2666MHz will work at the same speed.

windows is only reporting 2400mhz and cpuz under load, when there are some tasks running in the background only jump up to 1197mhz cas latency 17. As you can see in the this picture. Also is it possible to get that speed with better timings buying another pair of mudules? That cas latency 19 is too high.