Laptop speed is very slow

ExpertAshish
ExpertAshish Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have an Acer laptop which model name is Aspire A315-31 it has 2GB ram & processor speed is 1.1 GHz so I want upgrade speed. Can I upgrade ram or processer & how can I upgrade. Because ram is connected by internal motherboard.

Best Answer

• Tom2019
    Tom2019 Member Posts: 227 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    ExpertAshish
    Delete Temp files, how to get it? R:hold windows key and press the R you will get RUN, in run type>%temp%
    remove the unused App from Add/Remove, how to get it? R:hold windows key and press the R you will get RUN, type appwiz.cpl
    Run SFC Scan how to get it? R:hold windows key and press the R you will get RUN, in run CMD>run as admin>in black screen type> sfc /scannow
    and try clean boot 
    how to get it? R:hold windows key and press the R you will get RUN.>MSConfig>Click the General tab, and then click Selective
    try for C Clean up
    Startup. Clear the Load Startup Items check box, and ensure that Load System Services and Use Original 
    boot configuration are checked

"Hit Accept if its helpful"

Answers

• Tom2019
    Tom2019 Member Posts: 227 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    ExpertAshish
    Delete Temp files, how to get it? R:hold windows key and press the R you will get RUN, in run type>%temp%
    remove the unused App from Add/Remove, how to get it? R:hold windows key and press the R you will get RUN, type appwiz.cpl
    Run SFC Scan how to get it? R:hold windows key and press the R you will get RUN, in run CMD>run as admin>in black screen type> sfc /scannow
    and try clean boot 
    how to get it? R:hold windows key and press the R you will get RUN.>MSConfig>Click the General tab, and then click Selective
    try for C Clean up
    Startup. Clear the Load Startup Items check box, and ensure that Load System Services and Use Original 
    boot configuration are checked

"Hit Accept if its helpful"
  • Gawain
    Gawain Member Posts: 373 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    edited December 2019
    I very much doubt you'll be able to upgrade as it's all soldered to the mainboard.  However, if the laptop is all but unusable (with a celeron and 2gb (?) ram, 10 has no chance as it has increased resources use to complete the same underlying process with subsequent "upgrades" over the years...), all is not lost as this type of machine makes an ideal linux candidate (if you are not fussy about using libreoffice instead of ms office etc).  Zorin have recently released their latest, it's based on ubuntu so its safer and more secure (than 10) and will get updated, and will be a lot faster!  As it's a low powered machine, i'd recommend Zorin Lite as you have more than enough memory for that with an explorer open and other things.  Just an idea, and here's the link:
    https://zorinos.com/
    they do do 2 versions, so if you wish to give it a try, make sure you go for the "Lite" version.