End of life date for CA241-CN all-in-one

johnrl
johnrl Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
I would like to know the end of life date for my ACER model Number CA241-CN all-in-one desktop computer.I understand Google stops supporting these computers 5 years after their release date and I need to know the release date for my ACER model number CA241-CN. Thanks for anything you can tell me.

Best Answer

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    Answer ✓
    johnrl said:
    The only information I can see under "About Chrome OS" is: "Version 78.0.3904.106 (Official Build)(64-bit)" --- and --- "build date: Friday, November 15, 2019." If that is the "Build Date," then it means I can use this computer until at least October or November 2014 before I lose Google Updates on the unit. Is this correct? (Thank you for helping me.)
    Click on the link below to see information on Auto update policy:

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.

Answers

• Tom2019
    Tom2019 Member Posts: 227 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @johnrl
    To find your Chromebook’s “expiration” date when the feature launches, open the settings menu, then go to “About Chrome OS” > “Additional details.” The end-of-support date will be listed under “Update Schedule.”

"Hit Accept if its Helpful"
  • johnrl
    The only information I can see under "About Chrome OS" is: "Version 78.0.3904.106 (Official Build)(64-bit)" --- and --- "build date: Friday, November 15, 2019." If that is the "Build Date," then it means I can use this computer until at least October or November 2014 before I lose Google Updates on the unit. Is this correct? (Thank you for helping me.)
  • Karp-Acer_Retired
    Answer ✓
    johnrl said:
    Click on the link below to see information on Auto update policy:

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • johnrl
    Dear Acer-Karp --- Thank you so much for answering my question about my Chromebase 24 ((CA241). That gives me 17 months of use until I have to purchase another unit. I wish it had been the full 5 years, but the next time I will be careful to find out the release date before I purchase another Chromebase -- (Or whatever else is being offered at the time.) -- I do love my Chromebase very much and as long as they are manufactured (regardless of the configuration) I will be purchasing them. I am very grateful to you for your help.
  • Karp-Acer_Retired
    Hi johnrl,

No problem. We are glad to hear you enjoy your Acer CA241.