next@acer 2020

We need something to control the Acer Aspire 5 A515-51G-58VH fan.

whaaswhaas Member Posts: 3 New User
I'm getting high temperatures (90ºC at peak) while playing some games even using a cooling pad, which means I'm having perfomance problems, frame drops, etc. and playing with these temperatures can damage my hardware in long term.

So... I was looking for a way to control my notebook's fan, and I know it could be higher because when I was updating my BIOS the fan went 100% and it's really fast, but the default profile when I'm using the notebook seems to be focused on being silent and energy efficient.

I tried 3rd party apps, it's almost 2020 and nbfc doesn't have any config file, I tried to make one and failed.
I also tried a lot of other things like Predator Sense, booting BIOS and searching for configs, updated all possible drivers, everything. I'm unable to change my fan speed and I know there are many people having the same problem.

Isn't there anything that Acer can do to provide us some control of the fan?

Thanks.