Acer Travelmate p6 AX201 wifi 6 compatibility issue

N2EEE
N2EEE Member Posts: 12 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello all,
I recently upgraded to a wifi 6 router, and since this laptop has a removable wifi chipset (via M.2), i figured I could upgrade that too. I initially tried an intel AX200, which was not recognized due to the CNVio interface. I then tried an Intel AX201NGW which should be drop-in compatible with the Intel 9560NGW. This resulted in no POST, where the power button would not work, and the battery reset button on the bottom had to be used. Strange enough, the charging LED and state LED on the front would hold whatever states they were in when powering up, ex: unplugging the power cord would still show it charging.

Has anyone seen any similar issues, know how to debug this (using serial or similar), or happen to know any fixes? It is not a bios setting, i went through all the settings, which isn't many at all.
This does appear to be a bios incompatibility issue.

Thank you

Comments

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    What is the full model number TMP6?8-G?-M?  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• N2EEE
    N2EEE Member Posts: 12 New User

It is the TMP614-51-50FJ

Thanks
    -Matt

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    Two ACER 9560NGW card variants are listed in the specs. One being vpro compatible (wifi 6) and the other not. Unfortunately, they both seem to be proprietary cards that depend on if you have an ACER 9560 vpro compatible mainboard or 9560 nonvpro compatible mainboard. Accordingly, I'm not sure if the AX601NGW is indeed a dropin esp if it also comes in two flavors. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ