Acer Aspire 515-43 with ryzen 3500u throttles to only 1.2GhZ

notauser
notauser Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi,

I bought an Acer Aspire 515-43 with ryzen 3500u about 2 months ago. Now I frequently get the issue that the processor throttles down to only 300 mHz on all 4 cores. I am not quite sure what causes this but it is not related to temperature (28C when this happened).

Does anybody know a fix for this. Sometimes restarting will help.

Thank you

Comments

• anuraagkhare2121
    anuraagkhare2121 Member Posts: 35 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    notauser said:
    Hi,

I bought an Acer Aspire 515-43 with ryzen 3500u about 2 months ago. Now I frequently get the issue that the processor throttles down to only 300 mHz on all 4 cores. I am not quite sure what causes this but it is not related to temperature (28C when this happened).

Does anybody know a fix for this. Sometimes restarting will help.

Thank you
    I faced similar issues in my 2500U model some months ago and I went to service centre , there they advised for maintenance and a change of thermal paste. They thoroughly cleaned the cooling vents and brushed some dust and the problem went away. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer
    It's supposed to drop down when not in use, it saves a bunch of energy which translates to longer battery life. Does it speed up when you start doing stuff?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.