Acer nitro Ryzen 5 2500u HELP!! PLEASE!!

spRinT
spRinT Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello. I have the Acer nitro An515 - 42 (R5 2500u and Rx560x). Normally the r5 cpu should work at 2.00 GHz when on battery But it's locked to 1.60 GHz. How can I solve this problem?

Answers

• anuraagkhare2121
    anuraagkhare2121 Member Posts: 35 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    spRinT said:
    Hello. I have the Acer nitro An515 - 42 (R5 2500u and Rx560x). Normally the r5 cpu should work at 2.00 GHz when on battery But it's locked to 1.60 GHz. How can I solve this problem?
    May I know from where you got to know that "Normally the r5 cpu should work at 2.00 GHz when on Battery"? Because as far as I know , every unit of your mentioned model runs at 1.60 GHz while on battery and it's perfectly normal.
  • spRinT said:
    Change power mode to high performance.
    From nitro sense.fans running in auto not custom
    In nitro sense AC and on battery two options select on battery then high performance 
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • spRinT

Tinkerer

I've tried
  • I also think this is normal

• spRinT

Tinkerer

Witcher 3 also getting 20 fps at low settings
  • spRinT

Tinkerer

Why am I getting low fps?🙁
  • Launch your game from amd radeon software 

• spRinT

Tinkerer

Looks like it worked.
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Firstly please click YES if this answers your question 

First make sure you game with your battery charged to 100% BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged into power while gaming, Windows MUST be set to High Performance plan, then do this:
    Open your AMD control center 
    First click the Updates tab at the bottom left and make sure your graphics drivers are updated to 19.11.2 or higher and click express upgrade. If you don't have the Adrenalin Control Center download it here
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-11-2

Make sure High Performance is selected under Power Plan in Nitrosense when on AC

After that make sure your games are listed under switchable graphics and your games are set on High Performance, you must import your games .exe using the Browse tab in pic below

Lastly to run your game on the RX560x you must launch the game from inside the Radeon Adrenalin Control Center. Click the gaming tab then if your game is not there you will need to add your game's .exe by using the ADD button on the right and navigating to your games .exe file, then click the drop down box for your game then click launch. The game will now launch using the RX560x and your CPU should be boosting to MAX but only if needed and it will be monitored in Nitrosense

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• spRinT

Tinkerer

Launch your game from amd radeon software 
    CS GO is getting 40+ fps in medium settings. is it normal?
  • andylb
    spRinT said:

Yes it is but If you have followed my Graphic Card setup instructions above you can run CS GO on High settings and get much better frame rates, many people with your model run it successfully on High settings with my GPU settings and get far higher FPS than 40

Please click YES if I have answered your question

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• spRinT

Tinkerer

andylb said:
    spRinT said:

Yes it is but If you have followed my Graphic Card setup instructions above you can run CS GO on High settings and get much better frame rates, many people with your model run it successfully on High settings with my GPU settings and get far higher FPS than 40

Please click YES if I have answered your question
    I tried the Settings, didn't see much difference.
  • andylb
    edited December 2019
    Please confirm that you are gaming with your battery charged to 100% BEFORE gaming and KEEPING it plugged in while gaming and that you have selected High Performance when on AC in the advanced Power Plan settings as well as in Nitrosense. I say this because if you have correctly applied the GPU settings the only thing stopping you achieving the far higher FPS that other users of your model achieve, is that your CPU is not boosting to max. If the Power plan settings are wrong your CPU will operate at 50% of Max
    If you are doing ALL of the above then please post a screenshot of Nitrosense taken during your game

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,652 Pathfinder
    edited December 2019
    spRinT said:
    1st-you need to make sure that your gpu driver is update latest 19.12.1
    2nd- its new open you amd radeon software reset your game profile then click on your game profile you will see both graphic card profile select Radeon Anti-lag turn on on both graphic rx560x is main but no problem if we do both afterthat close Amd radeon software then reopen and launch your game 

• spRinT

Tinkerer

edited December 2019
    I'll tell you when I try.
  • spRinT said:
    Ok must do this i have same graphic card anti-lag help me a lot i play fortnite in full 100% 3D resolution  setting i get 100+fps 

• spRinT

Tinkerer

spRinT said:
    Ok must do this i have same graphic card anti-lag help me a lot i play fortnite in full 100% 3D resolution  setting i get 100+fps 
    hi, i can't update radeon settings
  • andylb
    edited December 2019
    There is a new 2020 AMD Control Center, so do this:

The new AMD Adrenalin 2020 Control Center is designed to give support for your hardware and contains Mobile Driver support for this exact model, the Graphics Drivers on the Acer site are only base drivers. If you haven't already downloaded and installed it then click this link to download it.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-12-3

Most of the problems I have encountered answering questions similar to yours are that users do not have the GPU set up correctly in the Control Center

First make sure you game with your battery charged to 100% BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged into the main AC power while gaming. Make sure "High Performance when on AC", is selected in your Windows Power Plan and in Nitrosense. If you fail to do this your CPU will run at around 50% of capacity and you will experience poor game performance

Open the New AMD 2020 Control Center and click the GAMING tab then click the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner and select ADD A GAME, navigate to your games .exe file and double click it to add it, or you can select SCAN FOR GAMES and let the Control Center search your harddrive for games to add. After successfully adding the game click on the game and you will be taken to another window and click the LAUNCH GAME tab.
    Only in this way will your games use the Discrete Rx560x GPU, NEVER launch your game through a desktop shortcut or any other way, do it in the manner I have described.

Please remember that online gaming may experience low fps and stutter due to the games servers and bottlenecking and that has nothing to do with your GPU.

PLEASE CLICK YES IF I HAVE ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION, THANKYOU

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,652 Pathfinder
    edited December 2019
    spRinT said:
    spRinT said:
    Uninstall your amd radeon software restart your laptop when uninstall complete and then go in amd driver site download 19.12.3 new 2020 edition driver for rx560x you will get 20% more performance or go to  direct link below- 

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500x-series/radeon-rx-560x

Good luck 

• spRinT

Tinkerer

spRinT said:
    spRinT said:
    Uninstall your amd radeon software restart your laptop when uninstall complete and then go in amd driver site download 19.12.3 new 2020 edition driver for rx560x you will get 20% more performance or go to  direct link below- 

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500x-series/radeon-rx-560x

Good luck 
    I get 20+ fps at witcher 3, is it normal in mixed settings (usually medium and low and at 768p)? I've updated the radeon settings.