How can I disable the notification ads?Acer Aspire 7 laptop

baileyn
baileyn Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I recently bought an Acer Aspire 7 laptop. I randomly get notifications in the bottom-right corner that advertise different products for whatever sale is going on. I can guarantee I'm not going to want any of them, and I'd really prefer not to get the intrusive ads. I have attached a screenshot of the ads in question.

Answers

• Hi,
    If you are using Edge browser, click the three dots at the top right, click Settings and type "Popups" in the search, if it's allowed use the switch to select block.
    If you are using different browser, go to Settings by clicking Start, type Popups in Search bar, select Block or Allow popups and put a tick in the box to block in the next window.

• baileyn
    I don't believe the ad is coming from a browser since it's displaying in my notification center. I think it's a program called "Acer Jumpstart." I've removed it from the computer to see if that fixes my issue.
  • joe1920
    joe1920 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Were you able to figure this out? These adds are most annoying in a workplace environment. 
  • baileyn
    I uninstalled Acer Jumpstart and I didn’t see them anymore. I also removed almost all of the Acer products there were included, but I’m pretty certain Jumpstart was the problem.