edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Does this laptop have an M2 slot?
Acer Aspire 3 A315-51 series
Model N17Q1

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    Yes, you can install a M.2 SATA SSD in this model. Please read this thread for more information:https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/532296/aspire-3-a315-51-has-m-2-or-msata-slot

• shakshinec
    shakshinec Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Options
  • shakshinec

Tinkerer

Options
    now opened the laptop, the M. 2 connector is not soldered, unfortunately
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    now opened the laptop, the M. 2 connector is not soldered, unfortunately
    Could you please post the picture of it.
  • shakshinec

Tinkerer

Options

• shakshinec

Tinkerer

Options
     There is an idea to solder the connector. But I did not find where to buy it.
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    Is there any chance of returning the laptop to the retailer? They have included a screw for M.2 SSD and not the socket  :astonished:
    If not, try contacting Acer support, they might be able to help:https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&u=https://www.acer.com/ac/ru/RU/content/support&prev=search
    https://www.acer.com/worldwide/
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you remove this cover to make sure the slot really isn't installed?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • shakshinec

Tinkerer

Options
    I have already assembled a laptop. This is not a cover, it is something like a thick film. Apparently this film should isolate the motherboard from ssd
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,867 Trailblazer
    edited December 2019
    Options
    In the United States and Brazil, the A315-51 model is sold with a 2280 m2 slot. I find it inadmissible to sell this model without the 2280 m2 slot in Russia. However, as we already know, model configurations may vary depending on the region in which the device is sold. Still, it would be interesting for you to try to remove thick film as long as this does not violate the warranty.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • shakshinec

Tinkerer

edited December 2019
    Options
    SN NXXXXXXX
    SNID 83XXXX

Edited the content to hide personal/sensitive information
    Acer-Samuel
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you tried removing thick film to check if m2 slot is installed?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• shakshinec

Tinkerer

Options
    I didn't tear off the film. But I'm pretty sure the connector is missing. The film is very thin and there can be nothing under it. On the photo of the same boards on the Internet it is present. Just the manufacturer for some reason did not solder the connector on my motherboard.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    This discovery is really frustrating. In the store or website that you adapted the notebook, informed if this model had a m2 2280 input?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• shakshinec

Tinkerer

Options
    There was no information on the presence or absence of a connector in the product card.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    In this case, I think you should replace the device with your dealer and purchase another laptop that has a 2280 m2 port.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer