Inverse Ghosting triton 500

extremeheat
extremeheat Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi all,

I recently bought the triton 500 with RTX 2080 and I have been having severe inverse ghosting with my games when using GSYNC; needless to say I have the latest drivers. Did anyone also have a similar issue and are there any solutions that can be tested out? I have exhaustively searched online but no luck and it is a bit frustrating that a gaming laptop worth nearly 3k suffers from this issue. Thanks!

Regards,
Extremeheat

Best Answers

• Krandor
    Krandor Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Disable LCD overdrive in PredatorSense.  Awhile back a bug got introduced in PredatorSense that makes the overdrive always enabled on boot, regardless of how you have it set in the program, so you'll unfortunately have to toggle it on and off every time you boot your Triton.
  • vorob
    vorob Member Posts: 149 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Before you start playing game open PredatorSense and toggle LCD overdrive. If it OFF then turns it ON and then turn OFF. I have to do this every time. Stupid low-quality software. 
  • vorob
    Answer ✓
    That's how ghosting looks like. 

Answers

• Krandor
    Krandor Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Disable LCD overdrive in PredatorSense.  Awhile back a bug got introduced in PredatorSense that makes the overdrive always enabled on boot, regardless of how you have it set in the program, so you'll unfortunately have to toggle it on and off every time you boot your Triton.
  • extremeheat

Tinkerer

Krandor said:
    Thanks a lot buddy. I do have it disabled, matter of fact switching it on and off doesn't seem to really do anything. I also forgot to mention that it seems that the issue occurs randomly, not all the time with gsync it happens. In any case though will keep the community posted, maybe it's a combination of in game and NCP settings that's may cause it. Appreciate your suggestion! 
  • vorob
    Answer ✓
    Before you start playing game open PredatorSense and toggle LCD overdrive. If it OFF then turns it ON and then turn OFF. I have to do this every time. Stupid low-quality software. 
  • vorob
    Answer ✓
  • extremeheat

Tinkerer

vorob said:
    Gotchu. I guess that's what the first poster before you said as well and I started to do that. Yeah my screen looks like that too, I appreciate you taking the time to screenshot it. Thanks to the both of you for helping!