M5811 doesnt have any gpu options in bios? .... i updated it, still nothing..gpu pcs r9 380 4gb..

alenalenalen
alenalenalen Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
I tried everything..no hidden options, no nothing..ram,hdd,cpu is recognized..gpu not. Tho i use gpu normal. its showed in DM..

Best Answers

• Gawain
    Gawain Member Posts: 373 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    logically thinking, the bios wouldn't show it up as it see it as an additional card (most bios' i've come across in 20 years pro support don't either), same goes for your network card/chip (and a lot of other "additional" hardware attached to the board - the exception being drives that always show up).  So nothing to worry about, no corruption etc., and if it shows in device manager, all is good.  
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,438 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    I know right..i looked for it everywhere..no any case of this.. i though maybe the model of mobo doesnt have that..but i saw older mobos and they have it..could it be some damage? or corupted bios? 
    Hi,
    I can assure you that it's not corrupted BIOS, I have seen the BIOS screen for your model and it doesn't contain any options for GPU, as for the older models having this option, that could be possible, over a period of time manufacturers make changes to the configurations, so it's the way to go, in some systems, the BIOS update is automatic, so the users may not even have to manually update BIOS in future.

Answers

• alenalenalen

Tinkerer

everything is working..but no gpu of any option in bios. no pcie option, nothing.
  • Hi,
    What are the options are you looking for? Do you have any of the cards listed in the link installed? You could also go to Device manager and expand Display adapters and see the card you have in your system.
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Aspire-M5811/3790

• alenalenalen

Tinkerer

Hi, its not listed in the link u shared. 
    Its wierd cuz gpu is fully operating in Windows. Gpu is showing in device manager. And its optimazed to play games, with latest updates. My question is why bios doesnt have any sort of options for gpu. Just basic basic options in bios. Its showing ram, cpu and hdd, but no gpu. 
  • Quite honestly, I don't know the reason for not including the options for  GPU in BIOS.
  • alenalenalen

Tinkerer

I know right..i looked for it everywhere..no any case of this.. i though maybe the model of mobo doesnt have that..but i saw older mobos and they have it..could it be some damage? or corupted bios? 
  • Gawain
    Answer ✓
    logically thinking, the bios wouldn't show it up as it see it as an additional card (most bios' i've come across in 20 years pro support don't either), same goes for your network card/chip (and a lot of other "additional" hardware attached to the board - the exception being drives that always show up).  So nothing to worry about, no corruption etc., and if it shows in device manager, all is good.  
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,438 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    I can assure you that it's not corrupted BIOS, I have seen the BIOS screen for your model and it doesn't contain any options for GPU, as for the older models having this option, that could be possible, over a period of time manufacturers make changes to the configurations, so it's the way to go, in some systems, the BIOS update is automatic, so the users may not even have to manually update BIOS in future.
  • alenalenalen

Tinkerer

So the mobo is bad for configuring things.. fml. Thank for your time. 
  • Gawain
    So the mobo is bad for configuring things.. fml. Thank for your time. 
    what exactly were you going to try and configure, bearing in mind the configuration for such a thing is software driven in the OS?
  • alenalenalen

Tinkerer

I know i can play with clocks and memory in AMD control panel,MSI etc... Tho everyone have their gpu in bios. Bios can do more than windows. And for me it was wierd that gpu is not recognized by bios, and by that i can use it in windows..so kinda confusing..
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,253 Pathfinder
    i have never seen so far any bios that would allow you to change any gpu setting on any laptop and i already fixed/disassemble many old laptops form many brands

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,881 Trailblazer
    edited December 2019
    Firstly, the M5811 does not come with gpu settings in bios! Just remember, you cant get something that you don't have! Plus, your specs are pretty low for a gaming rig, you be better off getting more ram and getting an ssd for performance gain, forget about bios tweaks. 

Also, these are your other problems that you should consider upgrading:
    1. The boot partition is located on a mechanical or hybrid drive. Moving the system to an SSD will yield far faster boot times, better system responsiveness and faster application load times.
    2. 6GB is enough RAM to run any version of Windows and it's sufficient for the vast majority of games. 6GB is also enough for moderate file and system caches which result in a very responsive system. 
    3. This GPU can handle older games but it will struggle to render recent games at resolutions greater than 1080p
    4. Windows 8.1 is the second most recent version of Windows but it's worth upgrading to Windows 10 which has had several improvements made to the user interface including a better homescreen.