A515-43-R6WW - What is this? weird soDIMM slot

gwynbleidd
gwynbleidd Member Posts: 24 Troubleshooter
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Evening,
I opened up my A515-43-R6WW for the first time (got it yesterday) and couldn't install my HyperX Impact 2x8GB kit because the second RAM slot had some plastic on the hinges and I couldn't get the memory stick in no matter at what angle. The normal looking slot (metal hinges) works flawlessly with the new and old RAM. Before anyone says the new RAM is incompatible, I tried the included stick and it doesn't seem to fit, also, the RAM is absolutely the right size and format: https://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/HX426S15IB2K2_16.pdf
If anyone knows how to install RAM in these slots, your help is greatly appreciated.
Some pics:

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    That's normal, the two slots are inverted in relation to each other. One will fit ram with the sticker up, the other with the sticker down.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • gwynbleidd
    gwynbleidd Member Posts: 24 Troubleshooter
    billsey said:
    That's normal, the two slots are inverted in relation to each other. One will fit ram with the sticker up, the other with the sticker down.
    I aligned the stick so that the notch is in the right place, it still wouldn't go in.