Acer Aspire 5740G-333G32 does not boot with HDD connected

System
System Member Posts: 4,543 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
This discussion was created from comments split from: Acer Aspire 5740G don't boot if HDD is connected.

Comments

• lepko9
    lepko9 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Ab31 said:
    ven98 said:
    I think the laptop reads DVD bay as a DVD drive, and connecting a HDD instead makes some kind of an error. You can try updating BIOS to latest version, if you haven't done so yet and it might work.
    I updated the BIOS and boom! Problem solved! Thank you very much @ven98 !!!! :D

Hello Ab31
    I have the same problem as you, with the same laptop model. I saw on the Acer website that there is a BIOS update 1.28 which has 2 options for updating the BIOS. From DOS and Windows. I'm interested in which way did you use it?

Thanks!!!

Acer Aspire 5740G-333G32Mn
    (First-New) Boot SSD KingstonSUV500/120G
    ("Orginal" Old) now in cady HDD Hitachi 5K500 B-320

• lepko9
    lepko9 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited November 2019
    Ab31 said:
    ven98 said:
    I think the laptop reads DVD bay as a DVD drive, and connecting a HDD instead makes some kind of an error. You can try updating BIOS to latest version, if you haven't done so yet and it might work.
    I updated the BIOS and boom! Problem solved! Thank you very much @ven98 !!!! :D

I think I could wait and I did everything like Ab31, all recommended by ven98. And everything is OK.
    However.
    The red light on the cady, on the additional hdd lights up constantly
    and
    Second HDD is invisible in the BIOS. It seems to me that the BIOS view has remained the same as it was before the upgrade, except that it is now a newer version.
    I would ask you to tell me if you have the same thing.
    Thanks!!! Sorry in bad English

Edited the content to hide personal/Sensitive information.
    Acer-Samuel

• Ab31
    Ab31 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I have the same problem as you, with the same laptop model. I saw on the Acer website that there is a BIOS update 1.28 which has 2 options for updating the BIOS. From DOS and Windows. I'm interested in which way did you use it?
    Hi, I updated it from Windows, it was quite straight forward.

Regarding that light you got blinking, I beleive it is just indicating the HDD is in use but I'm not sure. My HDD has no light.
  • STARKMK52
    STARKMK52 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hey pls help me. Im using ASPIRE E5 575G 31YC... does it support NVMe ssd? through m.2
  • Ab31
    Ab31 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

lepko9 said:
    Second HDD is invisible in the BIOS. It seems to me that the BIOS view has remained the same as it was before the upgrade, except that it is now a newer version.

Hi again, the BIOS in my computer it's just like yours, the HDD (inserted in the DVD's place) doesn't show up in BIOS as well, but it works well so there is no problem.

By the way lepko9, since you have the same computer model as I do, are you able to change the screen brightness in windows 10?
    In my computer I have to switch to the intel integrated graphics driver in order to change the screen brightness, I wonder if I am the only one with this issue.