Stuttering on external display Acer Predator Helios 300

sagarasrani
sagarasrani Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello guys,
I purchased the Acer Predator Helios 300 (i5 9300H, GTX 1660ti) 3 days ago and am loving it so far. Today I connected it to my VU 4k TV via HDMI and tried playing a game. The fps dropped to around 45 with terrible stuttering. On the laptop, I get a solid 60fps in the same game and the same settings (same resolution too) I have tried duplicating the displays, setting display to tv only, reinstalling my drivers and even a rollback to no avail. Duplicating the display gives me 60fps with frequent stutters. The games are set to run on the NVIDIA card. I have narrowed it down to the intel drivers. When I connect my laptop to my tv and disable the integrated Intel HD 630, the performance improves and I get a solid 60fps without stuttering. Doing a rollback also works the same (The driver reverts to "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter") I would love to hear any possible solutions. Cheers!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,845 Trailblazer
    The integrated HD630 doesn't support 4096 x 2160 @ 60Hz like the 1660ti adapter. Accordingly, the HD630 shouldn't  be considered a FHD adapter which most games call for to support playable frame rates. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ