Plugging my Acer Nitro 5 into power with the 100% battery can damage it?

Christianpal
Christianpal Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I would like to know if it is possible that could cause any damage or increase in the battery displacement of my Acer Nitro 5 when it's used with the 100% battery while it is connected to power, thanks.

Best Answer

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    I would like to know if it is possible that could cause any damage or increase in the battery displacement of my Acer Nitro 5 when it's used with the 100% battery while it is connected to power, thanks.

No it can't damage it. The laptop stops charging when it reaches 100% and then trickle charges as the battery level drops. Modern gaming laptops are designed this way so that High Performance is maintained during gaming. Older design battery technology used to damage the battery but not now.

Please click YES if I have answered your question

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

No it can't damage it. The laptop stops charging when it reaches 100% and then trickle charges as the battery level drops. Modern gaming laptops are designed this way so that High Performance is maintained during gaming. Older design battery technology used to damage the battery but not now.

Please click YES if I have answered your question

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★