Recovering Acer stuff on a Predator Helios 300 PH315-52-748U

BlackSun
BlackSun Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I recently got a Predator Helios 300 that came with Windows 10 single language in portuguese. I didn't want it in portuguese so I looked around for how to change it to english and long story short, I ended up re-installing a new Windows 10 in english. Except as you would expect, it came as stock Windows, and the new install doesn't have any of the Acer stuff like PredatorSense etc. What's the best way of getting the Acer stuff back (while also not reverting to portuguese)? I see a few options I could take:

1-use the Acer support page, typing in my Serial Number, and just start installing all the Acer stuff? I already installed PredatorSense like this. Is there any downside to this such as not getting all the Acer stuff, or any of it running worse than stock, etc?

2-using the Acer Care Center's "Reset this PC" function to re-install Windows. I assume this option re-installs all the Acer stuff. Would this revert to portuguese?

Is there another option? I've been told by someone with much greater cyber affinity than myself that if there's a reinstallation option during booting/"boot the Acer partition", that it could do the trick.

Comments

• When reinstalling windows, did you use a microsoft iso and formatted hdd? If you did that then you removed the recovery partition from Acer. As you purchased the notebook in Brazil, the erecovery provided by will also be in Portuguese. The problem is that Acer store Brazil does not sell Acer erecovery. You should have done this before formatting hdd:
    You would get to the English language by installing it here:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • BlackSun

Tinkerer

Indeed it appears I have lost the Acer recovery partition (faceslap). So what are my options going forward?

Translation: Realmente parece que eu apaguei mesmo a partição de recuperação da Acer, muito Einstein da minha parte. Então quais são minhas opções agora?
  • Do you know someone who has the same model and can create an image as shown in the video above?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • BlackSun

Tinkerer

I do not but I guess I could ask around here, elsewhere... do you suppose Acer support (not the brazilian one if I understand you correctly) could provide a recovery image?

Não conheço não, mas eu poderia perguntar por aí. Será que o suporte da Acer (sem ser a brasileira se eu te entendi direito) poderia fornecer algo assim?
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,253 Pathfinder
    edited November 2019
    BlackSun just download the acer stock drivers/apps and install it if you didnt created a stock recovery usb drive (this is the first step everyone should do after boot it for the first time)  before you formatted to windows vanilla you recovery is gone and acer will only sell recovery drives if your in the US/CA they wont sell internationally so your best option here its as @egydiocoelho stated to find someone with the same model who could create a usb recovery convert it to iso and upload it somewhere so you can download it and burn it int a drive again technically windows vanilla should work fine the only (rare) issues i have see in some models so far were windows not recognizing the 144hz displays by locking it to 60hz and overdrive not working issues where the display has the feature

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• BlackSun

Tinkerer

Thank you guys so much for the help. Now, let's say I don't find an Acer recovery: what has been lost? For instance, does the PredatorSense that I downloaded from Acer support work the same as when you run it with the Acer Windows? Have I lost the "factory undervolt" that I've been hearing about?