Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42 graphic drivers problems

grim25
grim25 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi everybody.I have some issues with updating graphic drivers on my laptop.I have already tried lots of methods but nothing helped.Can you explain me the right sequence of updating drivers.I have been trying update firstly Chipset driver and  then driver for my integrated vega 8 since I have got the laptop.but I still have low FPS.I don`t update driver for rx560x because I was told by one person that it`s not needed "You only need to update integrated graphic" He said.I want to here your answers a lot.

Best Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,666 Pathfinder
    edited November 2019 Answer ✓
    grim25 said:
    Hi everybody.I have some issues with updating graphic drivers on my laptop.I have already tried lots of methods but nothing helped.Can you explain me the right sequence of updating drivers.I have been trying update firstly Chipset driver and  then driver for my integrated vega 8 since I have got the laptop.but I still have low FPS.I don`t update driver for rx560x because I was told by one person that it`s not needed "You only need to update integrated graphic" He said.I want to here your answers a lot.
    Just download amd radeon driver from amd official site for rx560x from below direct link-

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500x-series/radeon-rx-560x

Download latest Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.11.3 Optional. Then run and select express and install it will automatically update your both gpu drivers.during this screen might flash for 5-6sec.

Note- vega 8 is only for using browser,power saving not for gaming 
    For gaming there is rx570x graphic which is very powerful.1st install Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.11.3 Optional and open your game from amd radeon software and check fps.
    Both graphic card are linked with each other you can't update one by one there is single setup for both driver installation.Both driver version will bee same if you check 
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Please click YES if I have answered your question, thankyou
    Make sure you game with your battery charged to 100% BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged into power while gaming, Windows MUST be set to High Performance plan, then do this:
    Open your AMD control center 
    First click the Updates tab at the bottom left and make sure your graphics drivers are updated to 19.11.2 or higher and click express upgrade. If you don't have the Adrenalin Control Center download it here
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-11-2

Make sure High Performance is selected under Power Plan in Nitrosense when on AC

After that make sure your games are listed under switchable graphics and your games are set on High Performance, you must import your games .exe using the Browse tab in pic below

Lastly to run your game on the RX560x you must launch the game from inside the Radeon Adrenalin Control Center. Click the gaming tab then if your game is not there you will need to add your game's .exe by using the ADD button on the right and navigating to your games .exe file, then click the drop down box for your game then click launch. The game will now launch using the RX560x and your CPU should be boosting to MAX but only if needed and it will be monitored in Nitrosense

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,666 Pathfinder
    edited November 2019 Answer ✓
    grim25 said:
    Just download amd radeon driver from amd official site for rx560x from below direct link-

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500x-series/radeon-rx-560x

Download latest Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.11.3 Optional. Then run and select express and install it will automatically update your both gpu drivers.during this screen might flash for 5-6sec.

Note- vega 8 is only for using browser,power saving not for gaming 
    For gaming there is rx570x graphic which is very powerful.1st install Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.11.3 Optional and open your game from amd radeon software and check fps.
    Both graphic card are linked with each other you can't update one by one there is single setup for both driver installation.Both driver version will bee same if you check 
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • andylb
    Answer ✓
    Make sure you game with your battery charged to 100% BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged into power while gaming, Windows MUST be set to High Performance plan, then do this:
    Open your AMD control center 
    First click the Updates tab at the bottom left and make sure your graphics drivers are updated to 19.11.2 or higher and click express upgrade. If you don't have the Adrenalin Control Center download it here
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-11-2

Make sure High Performance is selected under Power Plan in Nitrosense when on AC

After that make sure your games are listed under switchable graphics and your games are set on High Performance, you must import your games .exe using the Browse tab in pic below

Lastly to run your game on the RX560x you must launch the game from inside the Radeon Adrenalin Control Center. Click the gaming tab then if your game is not there you will need to add your game's .exe by using the ADD button on the right and navigating to your games .exe file, then click the drop down box for your game then click launch. The game will now launch using the RX560x and your CPU should be boosting to MAX but only if needed and it will be monitored in Nitrosense

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• grim25

Tinkerer

Thanks you guys a lot.
  • grim25

Tinkerer

The last question.Should I firstly delete old drivers before download optional one or I don`t care and simply install.It`s for upcoming future) 
  • andylb
    edited November 2019
    @grim25 Under no circumstances try to update you chipset driver and the Vega 8 separately and the Rx560 x DOES need updating. AMD now provide a combined mobile driver update for all 3 which is installed using the method I have described above and your CPU, Vega 8 and Rx560 x will be updated in one click.
    I repeat do not use any other update method than the one I described above. Any information you have received to the contrary is incorrect.
    In future use the Express upgrade feature I outlined above and you will not need to delete old drivers unless there is an installation problem

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★