Battery issues on C731 Chromebooks

Options
dpiper
dpiper Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
We have had dozens of our C731s come up with the issue of the battery icon no longer showing, and therefore cannot run if not plugged in. These Chromebooks have not been left uncharged for long periods of time nor do they ever get fully depleted of charge. I have seen many others who have reported this issue, with lots of possible "fixes" that do not work. The problem lies in the battery itself. It is a 3 cell battery, and one of the connections to the board comes loose (see picture). While I do not suggest taking apart the battery as I did, this is indeed the issue on all of them that have "died" on us. I will not attempt to "repair" this connection, as that is just asking for trouble. The only solution so far, at a cost to our school, is to replace the battery. Acer - is there anything we can do about this design flaw?  Thanks.

Answers

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Options
    Hello again dpiper,

I am very sorry to hear that you still have issues with C731 Chromebooks. Have you contacted the Premier Team to inform them if this issue?

Please let me know if you have any issues reporting this issue with a Premier Advocate agent or if you have lost their contact information i will be happy to escalate your concern to the team for follow up.

Thanks in advance,
    Acer-Manny