ACER B3-A30 wont update

teekoo
teekoo Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
Hi,
i just bought new B3-A30 and lastest updates are some where year 2016. I tryed manual system update, but i get server or network error. Same issue hapened, when try login acer portal.
Also tryed update from SD card, then error is installing aborted.

Answers

• Tom2019
    Tom2019 Member Posts: 227 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @teekoo

Need to grant it Storage rights. Go into Settings > Apps. Click three dot menu at top right and choose System. Scroll to Acer Live Updater and grant it Storage rights. After do that run the update and works fine.

"Hit Accept if its Helpful" 
  • teekoo
    teekoo Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi,

thanks for reply, but this not solve the issue. Same problem continue.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Server/Network error is just their way to say there are no more updates. They took the live server down quite some time ago. You can find any updates they released manually by going to the Acer support page, click on the drivers button then enter your SNID or model.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • dvd12345
    dvd12345 Member Posts: 4 New User
    teekoo "If it's not broken, don't fix it"
    If it works just fine, applying updates might end up with creating issues; My tablet updated automatically after a factory reset because i forgot to disable the autoupdater and now the wifi connection drops at random intervals.
    With personal computers is relatively easy to start from scratch, but with these throw-away devices if something goes wrong or you don;t like some of the "improvements" you are out of luck.