Acer Swift 3 SF314-55 - have to plug headphones twice to swich sound to headphones Win10

smakarkin
smakarkin Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi all,

I installed windows 10 in my Acer Swift 10, everything works fine, but if I plug a headphones and then play music, the sound goes to internal speakers. The only way to make it switch sounв to headphones is to forst start music (or video - something that would create a cound), then plug the headphones in, plug them out, and plug in again - then it switches to headphoes. I tried different headphones - no changes. Unpluging of headphones works without any problems. Downloaded latest driver, and also tryed to turn off "Allow applications exclisive use of this device" for speakers - does not help.
Please help :)

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,846 Trailblazer
    >>>the only way to make it switch sound to headphones is to first start music (or video - something that would create a cound), then plug the headphones in, plug them out, and plug in again - then it switches to headphones>>>

Seems like you've figured out your own workaround. My workaround is to right click the speaker icon. Click on playback devices. And must actually force/select the headphones instead of the internal speakers. Not all the time, mind you. But almost all the time.

In case you haven't noticed, Win10 and its rapid fire unstable updates still have a lot of bugs that mess up OEM drivers. Maybe the next major 6mo Win10 update (2003?) will fix it. Maybe not.  That's partly why I don't use Win10 any more.

Oh, BTW, doesn't seem like you have a hardware issue there.   :) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ