Predator Helios G3-571 won't turn on after burning smell

soberlicious
soberlicious Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
So I was playing a game when the laptop suddenly shut down. I immediately got up and inspected the laptop and noticed a burning smell coming from the vents. After about 20 seconds I tried to restart the laptop and it started and after 5 seconds shut down with some more burning smell. After shutting down for the second time, the laptop is completely dead, no charging indication and no response to the power button. I tried the usual remedies such as resetting battery, unplugging battery for a brief moment. While the back cover was open, i noticed the smell was originating from one of the fans indicating that one fan has probably failed.

Any advice or suggestions are welcome.
Thank you

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    edited December 2019
    We are sorry you are having this issue with your Predator Helios, we suggest you contact your local Acer support channels for assistance, since the unit is smelling like burn we suggest you send the unit to repair.

The Acer Community is not a direct portal to Customer service, primarily the community is a place where members can exchange their own advice, ideas, articles with knowledge and troubleshooting techniques etc.

For information on repair center in your region:

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.