My Wifi Connecion Keeps Dropping on my Acer Nitro 5 Laptop

WheresBill
WheresBill Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have not yet found a solution to the fact that the wifi keeps dropping on my laptop. This is currently what happens:

If i restart or turn on my laptop, it will connect to a wifi I've specified. After about 5 minutes the connection will drop entirely and when i select the wifi network again, my laptop says it cant connect to the wifi network. If i somehow manage to connect after another few minutes or so, the connection will drop once again.

Solutions i have already tried which have not helped.

- Checking my power saver settings
  - Updating my driver automatically from the driver settings window
  - Updating my driver manually by looking for it online
  - Trying other networks (the same thing happens)

The connection via LAN cable is perfectly fine.

Answers

• What is the exact model? Example an515-51-75kz.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    There have been some overheating issues with the Qualcom Atheros cards. If you have this card the best work around is to get an inexpensive USB wireless card from Amazon

Please click YES if I have answered your question, thankyou

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• WheresBill

Tinkerer

What is the exact model? Example an515-51-75kz.
    Nitro AN515-42
    AMD Ryzen 7 2700U with Radeon Vega Mobile GFX 2.20 GHz
  • andylb
    Nitro AN515-42

That has the problem card

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Are you referring to which models @andylb? @WheresBill, what is the exact model of the wireless network card that appears in device manager?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • WheresBill

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho

Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adaptor
  • andylb
    edited November 2019
    @egydiocoelho

Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adaptor

That is the adapter I mentioned in my post with overheating problems. I know it's not what you want to hear but a USB wifi card fixes the issue

Please click YES if I have answered your question, thankyou

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,297 Trailblazer
    edited November 2019
    I would like to know what is the topic that talks about this network card?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• andylb
    edited November 2019
    @egydiocoelhoQualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adaptor is the one I am referring to, there was an extensive and in depth post about it but I can;t find it right now, it may be a batch of faulty ones but there were too many posts on other forums saying the same thing
    This is one of our threads https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/702902

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• WheresBill

Tinkerer

andylb said:
    Nitro AN515-42

great....
  • WheresBill

Tinkerer

andylb said:
    Nitro AN515-42

great....