Nitro N50-600 BIOS Update for New CPU

Lapjun
Lapjun Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Currently, my Nitro N50-600's BIOS version is R01-A0.  I was wondering if the newest version, R01-C3, I could upgrade to, as well as if the new BIOS is compatible with i7 9th generation processors.

Best Answer

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited November 2019 Answer ✓
    I understand my apologies, I am so used to typing Laptop so let's call it a slip of the fingers, I know that your model is a desktop =) However my post above doesn't change I based my answer on your model number not on it being a laptop which was a typo. So my answer is still correct B)

Please click YES if I have answered your question which I believe I have, thankyou

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

Answers

• andylb
    edited November 2019
    Lapjun said:
    Currently, my Nitro N50-600's BIOS version is R01-A0.  I was wondering if the newest version, R01-C3, I could upgrade to, as well as if the new BIOS is compatible with i7 9th generation processors.

The latest BIOS update for your model is R01-C3 and it is the official Acer BIOS update for your specific model therefor it is compatible with ALL components of your model including the CPU, so go ahead and update.

Please click YES if I have answered your question, thankyou

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Lapjun
    I was just wondering if the new BIOS (R01-C3) would be compatible with Intel i7 9th Gen Processors, specifically an i7 9700.
    There is another forum, which states Acer does not support higher generations for the BIOS, so if I have an 8700, could I upgrade to a 9700?
  • andylb
    edited November 2019
    Lapjun said:
    I was just wondering if the new BIOS (R01-C3) would be compatible with Intel i7 9th Gen Processors, specifically an i7 9700.
    There is another forum, which states Acer does not support higher generations for the BIOS, so if I have an 8700, could I upgrade to a 9700?

Yes it is compatible that's why Acer put it there for your model. You have an Acer N50-600 model, the Acer official BIOS update for that model is R01-63. Acer are more than aware which CPU you have my friend, they built the laptop with your CPU in it so they are supporting it regarless of what another Forum is saying, the post that you read was probably made before Acer started to include the 9th generation CPU's in there Laptops which is only very recently. So update with confidence that Acer support it. =)

Please click YES if I have answered your question, thankyou

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Lapjun
    edited November 2019
    Wait...  I have a desktop, not a laptop.  The Nitro 5 is the laptop.
  • andylb
    edited November 2019 Answer ✓
    I understand my apologies, I am so used to typing Laptop so let's call it a slip of the fingers, I know that your model is a desktop =) However my post above doesn't change I based my answer on your model number not on it being a laptop which was a typo. So my answer is still correct B)

Please click YES if I have answered your question which I believe I have, thankyou

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Lapjun
    edited November 2019
    Okay, thank you so much for helping me with this.  Have a great day!
  • andylb
    Lapjun said:

Hay mate no problem you have a great day too

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• onelowshow
    onelowshow Member Posts: 2 New User
    andylb said:
    Lapjun said:

Hey there’s. I didn’t want to start another tread so I’ll as ask here. I have the same PC the nitro 50-600 with the i5-8400 and my bios version says R01-A2. Could I buy the i9-9900k with the 1151 chip so it will first my mother board and not have any issues? Reading somewhere it won’t support if it? I’ll not computer savy and this whole bios things throwing me for a loop. Please help me out. Don’t want to buy a better cpu on a chance. Thanks in advance.  
  • andylb
    andylb said:
    Lapjun said:

Hey there’s. I didn’t want to start another tread so I’ll as ask here. I have the same PC the nitro 50-600 with the i5-8400 and my bios version says R01-A2. Could I buy the i9-9900k with the 1151 chip so it will first my mother board and not have any issues? Reading somewhere it won’t support if it? I’ll not computer savy and this whole bios things throwing me for a loop. Please help me out. Don’t want to buy a better cpu on a chance. Thanks in advance.  

Sorry but you do need to start a new topic, this one is marked SOLVED

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Lapjun
    edited November 2019
    Yeah, sorry.  Hope you find your answer though.
  • Lapjun
    edited November 2019
    I just wanted to say one thing.  I was looking at the BIOS page for the Nitro N50-600, and I found a version (R01-C2) where in the title, it said "Upgrade MCU to support CFL-R CPU."  I searched this up, to find it meant Coffee Lake R CPUs, which is every CPU(Intel) made in the 9th generation(I think).  It even goes up to an i9 9900KS.  So that answers onelowshow's question.