Acer Swift 1 DC Power-In Connector Replacement

Ayo
Ayo Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
My Acer Swift 1 SF114-32 will no longer charge and my technician has determined that the issue is the DC power connector. I have found the part I need - 450.0E604.0001 - but can’t seem to find one that ships to Canada quickly and I need my laptop to run my business.

However, I have found several DC power connectors for the Swift 3 that ship within a day and therefore I am wondering if this cable is interchangeable with the Swift 1. My technician is hesitant (and I don’t blame him) and Acer technical support does not have this information. I’m hoping the experts here can help me out!

Any advice is greatly appreciated,
Aaron

Answers

• Tom2019
    Tom2019 Member Posts: 227 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Ayo
    I checked the SF113-31 service manual and all it mentions is USB-C 3.1 Gen 1, nothing about power delivery or charging support. Its probably safe to assume it does not support charging (unless confirmed by some other source).

I did find this $30 Acer 45W USB-C AC adapter but there's no guarantee it'll actually work. Proceed at your own risk!

OR CALL 1800-910-2237

"Hit Accept if its helpful"
  • Ayo
    Ayo Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited November 2019
    Thanks, Tom. Sadly, my model does not support USB charging so I have to change the power jack. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer
    The part number for the board on your machine is 55.GXTN1.001. The part numbers for the various Swift 3 models are all different. Iy looks like the cable that goes between the IO board and the motherboard is different between the models.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.