Acer Aspire E 14 E5-476G RAM Upgrade and Compatible SSD

B0CCH1
B0CCH1 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi,

I'm planning on upgrading my laptop by adding another RAM and installing and SSD but I'm not so sure what would be compatible.

My laptop specs:
Acer Aspire E 14 E5-476G-53KY
Intel Core i5-7200U 2.5GHZ
NVIDIA GeForce MX130
4GB SODIMM DDR4 2133MHZ

For the RAM, I only know that it needs  a 4GB SODIMM DDR4 2133MHZ but I'm not sure which exactly would be compatible upon browsing online store.
For the SSD, I only know that is has a slot for an M.2 SDD but yet again, I'm not sure which is compatible.

Sorry, I'm pretty new with hardware stuff.

If anyone knows, can you send me link from online stores(Amazon / Lazada would be fine) so that i can check it out? Feel free to recommend me the cheapest and the best so that i can have options.

Thanks.

Answers

• Tom2019
    Tom2019 Member Posts: 227 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @B0CCH1

larger m.2 pcie/nvmes, particularly the 970s, have been finicky in many machines often with detection issues. m.2 SATA3s are more reliable in this respect and suitable for most users. I personally would not pay too much extra for an nvme than an equivalent capacity SATA3 card
  • B0CCH1
    Tom2019 said:
    Hi @B0CCH1

larger m.2 pcie/nvmes, particularly the 970s, have been finicky in many machines often with detection issues. m.2 SATA3s are more reliable in this respect and suitable for most users. I personally would not pay too much extra for an nvme than an equivalent capacity SATA3 card
    Hi,
    I took a photo of the internals of my laptop and this is the slot that I've found.

I'm not sure but is this only compatible with NVME drives? or can it also support sata3? Or am I assuming the wrong slot, sorry I'm a total newb at hardware.
  • B0CCH1
    Hi,

Can anyone help me?