Lemonlunch Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Acer A315-41
Symptoms:
-Wont turn on unless plugged to an outlet
-Turns off immediately if unplugged
-Battery is stuck at 86%
-"Randomly" turns off

So I have tried lots of things. I have more or less an idea on what triggers the immediate turning off.
- if charger is unplugged.
- if the task requires huge amount of power.
- if power plan is for best performance.

Soft remedy:
Use troubleshooter to optimize battery life.
However after that, even opening any website crashes the system. Only at idle or very basic task like writing a document or watching a video. But not doing two things at the same time (multitask).

What I have tried:
Reset pin
Troubleshoot
Inspecting the physical battery
BIOS defaults

Still no real fix. I need help this laptop is more or less useless by now and I have no money to buy a new one. Thank you very much.

@egydiocoelho

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    edited November 2019
    Hi,
    Go to Device manager, expand Batteries, right click Microsoft ACPI Compliant control Method battery, select Properties, uninstall the driver in Driver tab, reboot and let Windows install the driver. Could you please also read the post by @shaeladav in this thread:https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/570125/acer-aspire-3-a315-41-r45r-not-turning-on-battery-charged-full-battery-reset-done-several-times

• What is the version of uefi-bios? Acer has released a patch regarding battery identification, see:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Lemonlunch
    What is the version of uefi-bios? Acer has released a patch regarding battery identification, see:

I have the latest 1.15. Should i try reverting or is it fine?
  • Hi,
    There may be a hardware issue with this model, so you may have to send it for service to Acer support centre, just for reference, please read this thread and see whether any similarities in behavior:https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/570125/acer-aspire-3-a315-41-r45r-not-turning-on-battery-charged-full-battery-reset-done-several-times
  • Lemonlunch

Im very sorry for submitting low quality photos as screenshots. My pc turns off if I use screenshot and save feature. 
  • Lemonlunch
    @JackE i send the screenshots above thank you

• tonidiaz
    tonidiaz Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I have been having a similar problem with my son's laptop. The battery seems ok and charged but still does not provide power to the laptop. This is what I did and solved the problem: I opened the back cover from the laptop, (make sure you remove the hard disk before because depending on your model the data strip will not allow you to remove the cover). Then look for the cables connecting the battery to the motherboard, use a magnifying glass or the camera  from your phone because the connectors are very small. Check on one connector that has a lot of cables with different colors and make sure is fully seated. Believe it or not this connectors tend to go loose with time. If you can, re-seat all the connectors from the battery to the motherboard. This solved my problem. I hope this helps you all.
  • Lemonlunch
    tonidiaz said:
    I have been having a similar problem with my son's laptop. The battery seems ok and charged but still does not provide power to the laptop. This is what I did and solved the problem: I opened the back cover from the laptop, (make sure you remove the hard disk before because depending on your model the data strip will not allow you to remove the cover). Then look for the cables connecting the battery to the motherboard, use a magnifying glass or the camera  from your phone because the connectors are very small. Check on one connector that has a lot of cables with different colors and make sure is fully seated. Believe it or not this connectors tend to go loose with time. If you can, re-seat all the connectors from the battery to the motherboard. This solved my problem. I hope this helps you all.
    I have tried that yesterday but still not fixed. The battery is actually cgarging from 86.0 to 86.1% something like that based on observation.
  • Lemonlunch
    @tonidiaz if you the charger is unplugged does the system crash also (turning off)?
    I have removed and reinsterted the pins at least twice and still same scenario.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Sorry. The report suggests the battery can no longer hold a charge. Google "a315-41" "battery" "aliexpress" for a replacement battery. About $50usd. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• @tonidiaz: Could you record a video with the solution and post it on youtube?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Lemonlunch
    edited November 2019
    @JackE i see thank you
  • Lemonlunch
    Hi,
    Go to Device manager, expand Batteries, right click Microsoft ACPI Compliant control Method battery, select Properties, uninstall the driver in Driver tab, reboot and let Windows install the driver. Could you please also read the post by @shaeladav in this thread:https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/570125/acer-aspire-3-a315-41-r45r-not-turning-on-battery-charged-full-battery-reset-done-several-times

Still nit fixed but thanks
  • Lemonlunch
    Hi,

Still nit fixed but thanks
  • shiladitya91
    shiladitya91 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Like your battery my laptop battery actual capacity got reduced to be precise  i would say its fluctuating . from 26000-28300.
  • Tabaq
    Tabaq Member Posts: 1 New User
    Have you already found a solution? I'm also having the same problem.