Acer aspire 3 A315-41-R45R not turning on , battery charged full, battery reset done several times.

shaeladav
shaeladav Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi, 
I have about a month old Acer Aspire 3 , Full name , A315-41-R45R . So today while using YouTube , it went dead all of a sudden. It was connected to the power , and the battery was full. 
The power button wouldn't respond , and if I pressed regular keys on the keyboard , the blue light will blink for one second and turn off again. 
If I am lucky , And if I keep tapping on the F6 key , I am able to boot directly into BIOS for about 3-7 seconds. And then it goes black again. 
This is still protected By warranty and I have not done any Tinkering with it , I just play some games and watch movies .
I pressed the battery reset button several times , but still it's all the same. I removed the Ram and inserted back again. And still no luck . It would really help if someone could tell me if there is something I can do , otherwise I would let the warranty take care of it. 

Answers

• shaeladav
    edited June 2019
    Update : I can hear a High pitched sound from the Hard disk compartment for a second before the blue light goes off , But that doesn't explain why the power button doesn't work as well. I tried removing the Hard Disk and re plugging it , but still no effect. Thanks. 
  • shaeladav
    Update 2 : hello, so I can boot into the operating system only if I keep tapping the random keys on the keyboard at speed of one tap per 2 seconds , and as soon as I stop tapping the keys, the laptop goes black again and turns off. Which shows that this isn't necessary a hard disc problem.
  • Coconat94
    Coconat94 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have exactly the same problem with my 3 month old Acer Aspire A3. There are no lights and no power when AC adapter plugged in. Did anyone respond to your post? Have you managed to fix your laptop?
  • Shashikant6342
    Shashikant6342 Member Posts: 3 New User
    I also have same problem I have make contact with Acer they said first put bios settings on default bt nothing happend I have register the complaint they now said in 2-3days there engineer will come and solve the problem😅
  • shaeladav
    I HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION ! 
    After talking to Acer , They Sent an engineer to my house turned out it was because of a short circuit inside the keyboard . which can be caused by water spills and also if you live in a place where humidity is high. 
    Now , Its clearly a design flaw ,I can see that the touchpad and the keyboard has huge spaces around the keys , and after i got my replaced keyboard free of charge as it was under warranty , I bought a Silicon keyboard protector and Stuck it to my keyboard permanently using a cello tape. I also sealed up the Open areas around the touchpad. I also taped up unused ports like HDMI , Lock Slot and cardreader that I dont use. Oh and by the way , I live by the sea side, with an humidity of 90-100 percent . thats right. 
  • Shashikant6342
    Shashikant6342 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Today I also going to reapir my laptop let's see what I get in my problem  thanx shaeladav for that cmnt I think my laptop also have that circuit problem 
  • shaeladav
    edited July 2019
    Today I also going to reapir my laptop let's see what I get in my problem  thanx shaeladav for that cmnt I think my laptop also have that circuit problem 
    Let me know if its repaired ! Now I am facing a new problem , I am hearing some Weird noise from my hard disk , I think my hard disk problems , I recorded the sound and uploaded to google drive, Can you please tell me if you laptop hard disk is also making similar noise ? https://drive.google.com/open?id=10EviyYVfCsKb24jrokbgQTFHRLvSHrVx
  • shaeladav
    Let me know if its repaired ! Now I am facing a new problem , I am hearing some Weird noise from my hard disk , I think my hard disk is failing , Can you hear this sound and tell me if your laptop hard disk also makes the same sound ? https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Hg15G02sRFnqZrW4FBkZSfDlt_Hs9D4h
  • shaeladav
    Let me know if its repaired ! Now I am facing a new problem , I am hearing some Weird noise from my hard disk , I think my hard disk problems , I recorded the sound and uploaded to google drive, Can you please tell me if you laptop hard disk is also making similar sounds ? https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Hg15G02sRFnqZrW4FBkZSfDlt_Hs9D4h
  • shubhamkbiswas21
    shubhamkbiswas21 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Hi all.... I have a 2 month old 
    Acer Aspire 3 laptop, model A315-41-R45R 
    Everything was fine until today. 
    I wanted to access some files on my laptop,  but it was not turning on at all. 
    I pressed the power button many a time,  connected to the charger,  tried battery setup once but no help. 

When I connect the charger,  the orange light or charging indicator is turned up. 
    But when I press power button, the blue light doesn't show up. 

Can anybody plz guide and help me. 

• rickc46
    rickc46 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited November 2019
    Mine is an aspire 3 model a315-41-r540, purchased from major retailer august 2018. within a few months the screen would simply turn off. there was a slight hint of blue light at the base of the screen. closed the lid, went back after about an hour and screen totally black. after repeated pressing of power button, and finally holding it down for almost a minute, the laptop booted up. was running on full power, not battery and battery was fully charged. it's happened a few times and retailer said it needed a battery reset. never got around to that and it's still happening. now I realise if I hold down the power button long enough the machine turns off. after a few minutes I can turn it back on but of course what I was working on is not saved. 

I also have a Toshiba lap-top about 20 years old, running XP. it's very slow of course but working perfectly. only problem a few years ago the display gave up. I had it removed and connected a monitor. says a lot for the acer. 

[Edited the post due to inappropriate or personal content posted. Acer-Harvey]

• omara
    omara Member Posts: 4 New User
    This may solve your issue, happened to my aspire 3

https://youtu.be/U-po0iHBG08
  • Anjuman23
    Anjuman23 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

This is now happening to me shown in the video @JackE . what should I do now?