edited March 20 in 2019 Archives
can not load some required programs. 

Answers

• Gawain
    Gawain Member Posts: 373 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    can you expand on that?  
  • buckyb
    buckyb Member Posts: 3 New User
    I have been trying to run an .exe file. Downloaded wine looked really good till I started to load the program. Said I needed wine 32. Went online to find out how to get it. Four different sites all gave the same way to get it. when I typed in the command says outdated not available. Another place said download playonlinux works really good. Can't get it to load. Am I really that dumb? 
  • Gawain
    no, you're not dumb - trying to get windows programs running on linux is a bit hit and miss (square pegs and round holes type of thing!),  if you let me know what the .exe is and what the program is, and what linux distro you're running, I'll give it a look when i get a bit of time if you like?
  • buckyb
    buckyb Member Posts: 3 New User
    running Linux debain/penguin but when I try to download it always downloads strech. The program I am trying to run is usmoneydlxsunset.exe
    Thanks for all your help.

• Gawain
    good news but the bad news first - tried to get it to run with debian but i get the feeling there is a dependency I've missed so no go at the moment (time is a bit limited, sorry)  However, i tried it with manjaro and it installed and worked without any pain, which shows it does work with wine (all i did was install wine and playonlinux (which is just a front end for wine) then agree to any extra default option dependencies) - but that doesn't really help you because you're not on manjaro!  However, it does show it works with wine, and at somepoint i'll compile a list of dependencies that you could cross check on your machine.