Acer V5 531 doesn`t work with third-pattry HDD

Options

Answers

• Paul10ru
    Paul10ru Member Posts: 28

Tinkerer

Options
    Thanks all for help. I was successfully  updating my bios but it doesn't helpfull. So I was find another resolve  for this problem. I just was connecting my ssd disk to dvd sata port and laptop see them. So I a was successfully  installed OS to this disk and all works fine. Then I try to change them I was had the same problem. Now I can argue with full confidence  that the problem is in the motherboard. But it working sow. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Was the disc recognized only when you installed a caddy adapter?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Paul10ru

Tinkerer

Options
    Was the disc recognized only when you installed a caddy adapter?
    any disc works fine in place of a dvd drive. whether the main disk is installed or not. It is immediately recognized and visible in the BIOS. there are no gaps with the entrance to the bios. Summarizing, I can say that the problem is when connecting through a sata cable. maybe there is a problem in the cable itself? but why then did the original disk work, while others didn’t? it's some kind of mysticism. I have not encountered a similar problem anywhere.
  • Paul10ru

Tinkerer

Options
    Now I have 2 disks in the system: the original one in its place and the SSD instead of the DVD drive. ssd system. the laptop works fine with it and there were no problems with initialization and there was no choice with what to boot from. 80gb smartbuy ssd. I also tried it when and unsuccessfully.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    It is really strange. With the tip I gave you earlier, were you able to update the bios to version 2.18? I still think there is a problem in the bios.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Paul10ru

Tinkerer

Options
    Yes. I have now bios 2.18.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you tried to purchase a new sata cable?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Paul10ru

Tinkerer

Options
    Have you tried to purchase a new sata cable?

No.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    It would be interesting to know, if the problem occurs with a new sata 3 cable.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Paul10ru

Tinkerer

Options
    Yes. Maybe sometimes i will buy a new frim Ali and try to test ;)
  • Paul10ru

Tinkerer

Options
    Continuation of a story.
    I now have a new cable. But the old one was absolutely serviceable. Nothing has changed. The laptop still does not see a single ssd drive connected to sata 0. But when connected via a DVD, everything works. While sata 0 works great with all the usual hdd. I received an official response from Acer about this, that this device has never been tested for compatibility with ssd disks and therefore does not support them. Nonsense.
    Changing the IDE / SATA and UEFI / LEGASI modes does not give anything. In legacy mode, the laptop simply reports that the disk with the OS was not found. It is also not detected in the BIOS. In UEFI mode, the device hangs on the acer splash screen. Sometimes there is a message about the unavailability of the disk with the OS. It takes a very long time to enter the BIOS. You have to wait up to 10 minutes. The drive is not recognized. It's just a vicious circle.
    Does anyone else have any guesses about this?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you connect the ssd on another computer and update the ssd firmware?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Paul10ru

Tinkerer

Options
    Can you connect the ssd on another computer and update the ssd firmware?
    It was a first, that I was trying to do. Not working. Therefore I was used something about 10 different ssd. So I think that the problem is with efi/uefi loader. The Acer engeniers make those that system don't work with ssd drive. I don't know how to resolve this. So the single resolve that I see now the single resolve is search some there modified bios. Maybe. 
  • Paul10ru

Tinkerer

Options
    I can pass to efi she'll then pressing fn + esc then start the laptop. If anybody know how it's working, please help to fix this problem. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you test with another sata cable?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Paul10ru

Tinkerer

Options
    So I said before that now I have a two cable. The is not in the cable. There is something else. System doesn't want detect a hard drive, if it is the ssd. But no problems happened with normal hdd. So it was interesting to try the connection of sshd disk. That difference is between ssd and hdd then the system initialise them? 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does the problem occur only with that specific ssd?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Paul10ru

Tinkerer

Options
    Not. None of the 10 ssd disks from DIFFERENT manufacturers were identified in the BIOS. I'm pretty sure the problem is in the BIOS. There are apparently no drivers in the shell, so the device cannot initialize the hardware. There are no problems with HDD disks. Tedted with the same cable and the same connector.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Does the same problem occur when installing the 860 evo and mx500?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Paul10ru

Tinkerer

Options
    Samsung is not tested but mx500 not working. Today i find another one. Kingstos as400. Bios detect them. But system not boot. If old disk connected via dvd and kingston via sata cable syatem is feezed. So its freezed of try install windows to this disk. I was cloned os from last disk to kingston. And it works via dvd but freezed via sata cable. Its incredibble.